We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tambor and Montezuma Recommended Tours - Barcelo Tambor

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
242 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Tambor and Montezuma Recommended Tours - Barcelo Tambor

We returned from a 2-week vacation in Costa Rica and had a WONDERFUL time! We were 3 adults and 3 children. The first week was spent at the Barcelo Playa Tambor - an all-inclusive resort. We loved the wildlife in the area, the food was okay, the beach and pool area great.

One tip that I have regarding this resort is regarding tours: the hotel charges a lot more than you have to pay!! The hotel workers get a percentage, and try to discourage you from using the independent tour guides that offer their services at the beach of the hotel, telling you it is not safe - not true!

I can tell you that we used Israel (met him at the beach of the hotel) - a super nice, honest local who works for a tour company called Pacific Coast Voyages. Israel took us to do the waterfall tour in Montezuma - a fun hike, we had a great time swimming once we got there! We also booked a trip to Tortuga Island with Israel, the beach there is so amazing! White sandy beaches! Lunch was included and was excellent, made fresh while we were enjoying ourselves at the beach. Israel also arranges tours to Arenal, sport fishing, horseback riding.

If you are interested in contacting Israel, for an excellent tour at a reasonable price, and knowing that you are helping out a local and his family, here is his contact information:

You can use the pay phone by the lobby (very inexpensive - you have to use local coins) and call him at 2683-0272 or 8357-6254. His business card also lists an email, israel_0678@hotmail.com

I will post pictures of the tour and one with Israel and our family in the review for Barcelo Playa Tambor.

Have a wonderful time in Costa Rica!

Daniela

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tambor and Montezuma Recommended Tours - Barcelo Tambor

Hello Daniela.

Is good to hear the you cameback again to Costa Rica with your familly. I am glad to hear to also had a good vacation in Tambor. Hotels dont always offer the best tours, many of them just want a nice commision and they dont really worry about the client needs. I will hope to see your familly comeback to Manuel Antonio in the future. Juan Brenes. NATUREGUIDE

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
242 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tambor and Montezuma Recommended Tours - Barcelo Tambor

Gracias Juan!

We very much enjoyed our tour with you! I am so amazed at how you can spot wildlife! Our tour in Manuel Antonio was really wonderful. Thank you so much for everything, including great tips on places to visit in Costa Rica - we really loved San Gerardo de Dota!!

If I had to choose one place, however, Manuel Antonio would be it! You live in a wonderful place!

Nos vemos,

Daniela

3. Re: Tambor and Montezuma Recommended Tours - Barcelo Tambor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 November 2009, 05:34