We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anniversary trip

Saint Cloud...
2 posts
Save Topic
anniversary trip

I My wife and four friends are going to spend five days on the Nicoya Peninsula in January 2012. We are planning to spend three days at Tamarindo and stay at Captain Suizo. I was wondering if you think it would be worth spending a day at Somara and then a day at Mal Paiz area or if you would spend a all five days in Tamarindo. We fly out of San Jose so I was thinking spend the last night at Mal Paiz area and then back to San Jose for flight home. I was thinking stay at Moana in the Mal Pais area although I was at a lost for Somara area. We are layed back and looking for good swimming beaches and some good local night life. I also have some appeal to the watrefalls in the montezuma area. Would like to do some snorkeling during th five days. Not much fo surfing. Any info you would have I would greatly appreciate. Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Tamarindo
Tamarindo
Province of Guanacaste, Costa Rica
Playa Conchal...
Level Contributor
2,059 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anniversary trip

Stay in Tamarindo and relax, you may also need to spend the last night near the airport in SJO. Have a great trip!

Mentioned in this post
Tamarindo
Tamarindo
Liberia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: anniversary trip

Depending on the time of your flight that is a fair distance to travel. IMO I would spend the last night nearer the airport.

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: anniversary trip

Your time on the peninsula is too short to do much travel and it would be wise to stay in Tamarindo and relax. If you want to see more of the country, consider a longer vacation. The roads are not great and driving short distances takes longer than expected. It is exhausting just staying on your toes watching out for the crazy drivers! If you don't have time for a leisurely drive, don't over extend yourself.

We always stay our last night near the airport. If you don't want to miss your flight, don't chance an early morning drive from far away.

Mentioned in this post
Tamarindo
Tamarindo
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,090 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: anniversary trip

Agreed with the others...just stay and relax in Tamarindo...really not worth it ...driving like a chicken without the head all over the country!

roadadvisor

Mentioned in this post
Tamarindo
Tamarindo
5. Re: anniversary trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 03:15