We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tropico Latino Lodge versus Samara Tree House Inn

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
19 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Tropico Latino Lodge versus Samara Tree House Inn

I am about to be a first time visitor to CR. I have 2 days to kill after Jaco, and was thinking of The Tropico Latino Lodge or the Samara Tree House Inn. I can get Beachfront Bungalows at either, and I know that the Tropico is in Santa Teresa and the Samara is in Playa Samara. I wonder what our Forum readership thinks of each location for the solo traveler. From what I can gather from reading about these locations, there are shops and places to eat within walking distance of each. I fully understand that these areas lack the hustle and bustle of Fifth Avenue in New York CIty, but I don't want to be sitting around with nothing to do if I feel like leaving the hotel properties. Any advice would be appreciated all!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,036 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tropico Latino Lodge versus Samara Tree House Inn

MOre chances to see a little more people around Samara...

roadadvisor

California
Level Contributor
508 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tropico Latino Lodge versus Samara Tree House Inn

They are both a long ways from Jaco. How are you planning on getting to them? If you are driving, you'll spend a lot of your two days driving. You might consider Montezuma and taking the water taxi from Jaco.

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tropico Latino Lodge versus Samara Tree House Inn

Tropico Latino !!!

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,965 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tropico Latino Lodge versus Samara Tree House Inn

That is a lot of travel time for just 2 nights. But if you take the taxi boat from Jaco to Montezuma you could get to Tropical Latino for lunch. After that where do you need to go? San Jose? If so I would also suggest checking out flights from Tambor to San Jose. This way you would cut down tons of travel time.

5. Re: Tropico Latino Lodge versus Samara Tree House Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 06:19