We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Azul or Casa Zen - Mal Pais

NC
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Casa Azul or Casa Zen - Mal Pais

Has anyone stayed at or seen these two places? From what I understand Casa Zen is more of a hostel but looks upscale. I can get an apartment there for $50 per night. I checked out Casa Azul (a private home) because I saw a post about it here. I can get a room there for $90 a night, oceanfront with pool. Both have AC which we definitely want.

I can't find the post from the person who stayed at Casa Azul but I'm hoping he will see this and tell me more.

My concern with staying at a private house is that we will not have staff onsite to help us plan tours, give directions, recommendations, etc.

If anyone has any other recommendations for rentals (esp oceanfront w/ AC & pool) in the Mal Pais/ Saint Teresa area, feel free to post those also.

Thanks! Oh, we are going in July 06.

Los Angeles
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa Azul or Casa Zen - Mal Pais

Hi Turtle girl,

We were in Mal Pais last month. We ate at casa zen. Very good food but dont know about staying there. They had a bunch of people camping there with tents and I checked out one of the rooms but looked dark. We stayed down the road in Mal Pais about 1 mile at hotel pachamama and loved it. Only thing is no AC or pool but was a great stay. Give me an e- if you want any further info turtle girl

rich rankingee@charter.net

NC
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa Azul or Casa Zen - Mal Pais

GeeWhiz/Rich - I have tried to send you an email but it bounced back. Please email me at aburrus@coastal-bev.com and I'll forward my message back to you. Looking forward to hearing from you! Thanks, Amy

colorado
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa Azul or Casa Zen - Mal Pais

Hi Turtle girl,

Check out www.casasdesoleil.com

It sounds like a good fit for you. The houses are amazing and there is an on-site manage to help with any plans. The houses have A/C but no pool. Have a great trip

NC
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Casa Azul or Casa Zen - Mal Pais

Thank you dancing bear, I'll check it out!

5. Re: Casa Azul or Casa Zen - Mal Pais

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 00:17