We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wearing Jewelry

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Wearing Jewelry

Is it safe to wear your wedding rings and bring expensive jewelry to Playa Conchal?

Thanks

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
363 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wearing Jewelry

OK, here is the advisory. While the people of CR are exceptionally kind and considerate, there is the occasional criminal, same as Chicago, although typically less violent. Add the ingredients that if you do not stay in relatively new larger resorts-the room safes, where they have them, are similar to tin file boxes, and the fact that a sizable gold and diamond ring would purchase a new enough car to make a living with in CR, I recommend that you buy a nice plain band before you leave home for the trip, and enjoy the time you would normally spend primping watching the dolphins. Pura Vida!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Wearing Jewelry

thank you, well said.

Ramer, Alabama
Level Contributor
467 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wearing Jewelry

In my opinion, it is never a good idea to take or wear expensive jewelry

when in any foreign country. Why take the risk. If you want to outwardly display your wealth, think CZ!

Bluffton, South...
Level Contributor
42 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wearing Jewelry

I've traveled in Europe and the Carribbean and always leave my good stuff at home, I wear a diamond wedding band-small-with one side plain that I can always flip around. I wear a sturdy but not flashy Technomarine watch and the cz's from TJMaxx that were $40. and look like the real ones. that way, if they disappear, I'm only out 40. I think good jewelry always invites temptation from perhaps the most honest of hotel staff.

5. Re: Wearing Jewelry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 05:25