We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brasalito/Conchal activities

Which Playa Conchal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
No. California
Level Contributor
219 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Brasalito/Conchal activities

We are flying into Tamarindo and then transported to Brasalito. We will be here for 3 full days and then on to Arenal.

1)Do we need a rental car to really explore the area? We're staying at Hotel Conchal, which looks absolutely charming.

2)Who are reputable tour operators in the area, must do activities. We love to kayak, snorkle and plain old exploring a new area, meeting the locals etc. We are open to new activities as well.

Thanks,

Brenda

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
811 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brasalito/Conchal activities

It depends on what you want to do with your three days in Brasilito. If you just want to hang out on Playa Conchal, then you don't need a car.

But, if you want to really explore the area a bit more -- check out some of the other beaches in the area, etc -- then you will really need a car.

We stayed at Hotel Conchal back in March -- you'll love it! We were there five days and ended up renting a car for one day. For us, that was enough -- we mainly just wanted to go to the beach every day. The day we rented a car, we drove up to Potrero (all of 10 minutes) and down to Playa Grande (maybe 20 minutes). It was enough exploring for us, but I can see the advantage to having a car longer also.

Regarding the tour operators, I'm sure Simon and Ginette at Hotel Conchal can set you up with whatever you might want to do once you get there -- they're very resourceful.

Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brasalito/Conchal activities

Hi,

My friends just stayed at Conchal and one day they decided to rent a car, and you can do it all from the hotel. So, best would be to just wing it.

The hotel offers a ton of tours and I've used Hightide as well. There are soooooo many wonderful activities there, that you'll be set in every way!

Have a great time,

Marina K. Villatoro

http://travelexperta.com

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brasalito/Conchal activities

Brasilito is a very small town, a soccer field a few nice restaurants and a beach with calm waters. Say hello to Simon, the owner of the Conchal Hotel for me (I'm the guy who publishes the local area Phone Book). Simon can certainly set you up with most any touring options.

Since you want to explore the local area and want to meet the locals, your bound to visit Tamarindo. Here is the informational link and it also includes some of the recurring local activities attended by locals and visitors.

Tamarindo Tourism

www.tamarindocosta-rica.com

No. California
Level Contributor
219 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brasalito/Conchal activities

Thanks for all the great info and suggestions. I won't worry about booking tours in advance. I am going in Mid-February 2010, does the fact that it's high season make a difference? Will there still be room available on the tours, typically?

I haven't decided on a rental car yet. If I get it when I arrive I have all the freedom that I want and then can drive on to Arenal and back to San Jose. But If I can walk to Playa Brasilito and Conchal and the tour ops pick me up, I can Interbus to Arenal and keep costs down. Ahhh so many options (better than too few right?)

Thanks again for all the great advice.

-Brenda

Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brasalito/Conchal activities

I would organize my tours a bit closer to the time, like around mid January. It is a busy time and you just never know.

All tours do pick you up, I would go with interbus and let people drive you around on your vacation:)

Ciao,

Marina K. Villatoro

http://travelexperta.com

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brasalito/Conchal activities

dont forget to visit rincon de la vieja national park.

Also it is a good option to snorkel in the area, or catalinas for a dive trip, also sunset tours are pretty good, guanacaste is famous for the sunsets, happy snapper restaurant is really good, in flamingo mary's is famous for breakfast.

enjoy!!

Los Angeles
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Brasalito/Conchal activities

if you go to tamarindo and decide to do activities like taking a surfing lessons don`t hesitate to contact MATOS FILMS SURF SHOP at sunrise mall in front of the beach. Me and my family had a great experience and the guys are very nice. Also you can hire other tours as well.

have a good trip.

george

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Brasalito/Conchal activities

If you are going in mid-February and think that you will want a car, you should reserve in advance. It's not like Vegas or Orlando where there are thousands of cars available. Most rental agencies are fully booked and run out of cars during high season. Been there, done that, didn't get a car. You can always cancel last minute if you change your mind. Better safe than sorry.

No. California
Level Contributor
219 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Brasalito/Conchal activities

Excellent advice, thanks. I'm waiting on a quote right now. Once I get it, I guess I better get with it and not procrastinate. I would hate to not have a car.

playa coco
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Brasalito/Conchal activities

Hi there, for the tour operation, you will find a lot of them in the area, just try to loook for the ones at the resort or try www.vargascostaricatours.com they may help you with all the transportation and land tours. they have a lot of positive reviews at trip advisor papagayo vargastours reviews seccion.

Good luck and have fun.

Tuanix