We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in october

Which Playa Conchal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
nj
3 posts
Save Topic
weather in october

Hi,

i am very excited that my boyfriend booked a vacation package to Paradisus Playa Conchal for oct. 8th -oct 12th.

i am a little worried about the weather though...

i see that october is the wet month in costa rica...

i am a pretty easy going person and an hr or 2 of rain would not bother me but i also enjoy relaxing in the sun and i am just wondering if i will be able to do that!

can someone please tell me how much it usually rains around this time? i knw the weather is unpredictable but it worries me a bit...

Thank you!

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in october

Hot, humid, rainy afternoons or could rain all week. To sunbath you need to be aware of when the sun is out, and take advantage when the opportunities arise.

Here is a link to the yearly weather pattern in the area:

tamarindocosta-rica.com/local-information/we…

There are plenty of other things to do. When it rains everyone chills out and people become more social.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,225 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in october

Hard to give you the correct answer...but if we go by weather patterns ...most of the time some rain in the afternoons...nice mornings...

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

Wayne, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Playa Conchal
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in october

It will be rainy alright. We have been there in September because of business demands, and I would pick another month if possible. We had very heavy rains, and the subsequent heavy humidity when the sun is out. More likely flooding, road damage and transportation delays.

If the mornings are sunny, take advantage of them. Afternoon and night showers are typical.

nj
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in october

thank you for your responses!

i dont knw if i should be worried now...lol

i guess we are going to have to take it as it goes..

Tamarindo
Level Contributor
95 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather in october

Take some surf lessons while you are there and you won't even notice it's raining. There are some good options at nearby Playa Grande and Matt Craig mentioned in this forum is a good instructor as well.

6. Re: weather in october

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2010, 05:16