We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adults/Singles/Families??

Nebraska
8 posts
Save Topic
Adults/Singles/Families??

I'm a single 40 yr old guy looking for a good mix of luxury, relaxation, adult fun & activities...Is this a good place for me? I don't want to be the only single person there and don't want to be in the middle of a ton of children running around. Can anyone that has been to the resort weigh in on this?

Indian Shores...
Level Contributor
700 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adults/Singles/Families??

When I was there a couple of years ago, there were quite a few children and families at the resort. It didn't strike me as a mecca for singles at all. I'm with you...I also prefer a more adult environment. I had a better time at the Marriott Los Suenos. It's not all-inclusive, but I think it's a nicer resort than PPC and it felt like more of a "grown-up" destination to me. There were more couples and singles there, and far fewer kids (although it's quite possible that the time of year made a difference...we were in PPC in January and at Los Suenos in September).

Nebraska
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Adults/Singles/Families??

Thank you!! This is VERY helpful!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,308 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adults/Singles/Families??

I stay often there with my kids...and as a personal opinion I will said it can be boring most of the time for a single person!

Of course if you like to relax and read a nice book by the pool...or at the becah...that will be a great place to do that!

roadadvisor

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adults/Singles/Families??

I stayed at the PPC mid-February and there were kids and teenagers around the main pool. if you want peace and quiet, go for the Royal Service which grants you access to the RS pool, which is for grown-ups only, very quiet and relaxing without all the noise. As for being a single traveler, I don't think anyone would notice that.

Edited: 11 March 2010, 03:13
Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Adults/Singles/Families??

www.tamarindodiria.com

best single guy selection in that area

PPC chock a block with children and couples

Go elsewhere or be very bored.

Nebraska
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Adults/Singles/Families??

Thanks ALL for your input - very helpful!

Apollo Beach...
Level Contributor
237 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Adults/Singles/Families??

I'm 39 and stayed 1 night at PPC last year and didn't like it at all. I think you'd like the Tamarindo Diria for it's proximity to all the nightlife and restaurants. Check out the Matapalo Diria condos and Cenizaro Diria condos if you want something a little more plush. They're privately owned but some of them are furnished beautifully. They have some great deals too.

Nebraska
8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Adults/Singles/Families??

GREAT -- thanks.

9. Re: Adults/Singles/Families??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2010, 06:19