We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions - Book ahead of time or not?

aggiette04
1 post
Save Topic
Excursions - Book ahead of time or not?

Hi,

My fiance and I are going to the PPC mid April for our honeymoon and are looking at different excursions. Do y'all recommend that we book them ahead of time or should we wait and see what's available on site? Would it be cheaper to wait? Will they possibly be booked up though? We're specifically interested in the sailing/catamaran tour with drinks and dinner (I think), the Mega day trip to the volcanoe (with horseback riding, zip lining, etc.) and the Tarmarindo half day trip. We're booking through a travel agent so I don't know which tour group she's booking them through.

I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks!!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,644 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursions - Book ahead of time or not?

I think it will be cheaper to wait...now days a lot of expats are offering all kind of funny services...some times even higher than normal prices...deal with local companies and hopefully costaricans.

Do not worry you will find space at every tour...and even save money!

roadadvisor

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
747 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excursions - Book ahead of time or not?

After Easter you won't need to reserve ahead of time for anything. I would not book with your travel agent as there is most likely commissions being paid to this person and that pushing the price up.

Wait till you get here or shop around online for the best price. I doubt your hotel will be the cheapest either.

I believe your hotel offers a catamaran sailing cruise with your package. Other catamaran choices are available in Tamarindo and Flamingo but none of them have dinner; just snacks and open bar. All are $75 pp for your comparison shopping.

The Mega day trip to Guachipelin is a fabulous tour that everyone enjoys. Price for that usually runs between $120 and $150.

I hope that helps.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,993 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excursions - Book ahead of time or not?

No need to book ahead most times of the year. If you wait till May you will get low season rates at the hotels as well.

Cheers

Inca

4. Re: Excursions - Book ahead of time or not?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2010, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Playa Conchal