We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

extended stay in Playa Conchal region

Which Playa Conchal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NB Canada
Level Contributor
227 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
extended stay in Playa Conchal region

Recognizing that this is not an easy question to answer as people's wants and expectations are all so personal, I would welcome your thoughts about an extended stay (i.e. two months) in the Playa Conchal area. We are retired seniors, who like a quiet safe destination for a winter getaway, but also enjoy short excursions from our base. We like to cook some meals but have access to restaurants, and we enjoy a safe area to walk/run where traffic isn't dangerous. Of course, beach, view, safe surroundings and opportunity to meet people are valued. We have visited CR before but used Manaual Antonio region as our base. Any comments on the suitablility of an extended stay in Playa Conchal would be welcome.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,026 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: extended stay in Playa Conchal region

Thank you for the great correct question...I love Conchal area as well as Brasilito next to Conchal...lovely beaches...

Maybe the best you can do is book a hotel for 3 nights around there...and once there shop around...and hopefully with the answers from serious people ...people than really know the area...no people that knows links...then you can contact the villas or home owners and deal direct with them...

Thank you again...and I hope you will find what you are looking for...we love decent people like you.

roadadvisor from Costa Rica and IN COSTA RICA

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Edited: 31 August 2010, 08:28
Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: extended stay in Playa Conchal region

vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/…playa-conchal

www.reservaconchal.com area is very nice but fairly remote

great beach safe more remote than nearby www.tamarindo.com

better for acesss which will have lots more shopping dining action...

Very much depends on what your goals are for the 2 months

Happy Hunting

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: extended stay in Playa Conchal region

I would definitely recommend the Conchal area over Tamarindo for an extended stay. It is a lovely area and not too too busy. There's lots to see all up and down the coast and if you have a hankering for "city life" you can always go to Tamarindo or even Liberia. Tamarindo isn't that big, really, but it is a busy place with lots of restaurants and shopping. It is possible to visit other areas pretty easily - Rincon de la Vieja, Miravalles and Tenorio National Parks are all two hours or less from Conchal and Palo Verde is even closer.

roadadvisor gave good advice - plan on staying somewhere for a few days and then check out the area and see what you like.

Reserva Conchal is fine but really I would recommend something like the Hotel Conchal.

Playa Conchal...
Level Contributor
2,008 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: extended stay in Playa Conchal region

We have many visitors that enjoy extended stays in this area. Most are attracted by the fact that Brasilito is a relatively small, traditional town, with a very friendly and safe community.

Also plenty of options for accommodation of all price ranges, and lots to do in terms of excursions.

This link gives more information on the local area:

www.footprintscostarica.com

Have a great trip!

5. Re: extended stay in Playa Conchal region

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2011, 06:16