We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking through Orbitz at Paradisus Playa Conchal

winter springs, fl
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Booking through Orbitz at Paradisus Playa Conchal

Has anyone booked this Resort through Orbitz? I booked what I thought was a "Royal Service Regal Jr Suite" (at an upgraded price)! I've asked 4-5 People at Orbitz to confirm the Royal Service only to be told that they have no idea if the Room includes Royal Service. If anyone has booked and had this problem, can you tell me if when you got to the Resort, did you get Royal Service. This is my 20th Anniversary and I really don't want any surprises when I get to Costa Rica.

ConchalFun
Scuba & Snorkeling, Fishing Charters & Tours, Equipment Hire
Surf & SUP Conchal
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Playa Mina
Beaches, Nature & Wildlife Areas
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
460 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking through Orbitz at Paradisus Playa Conchal

Why not call the hotel? Their USA number is 1 888 741 5600 - they should have your reservation there and can see what room you have booked.

winter springs, fl
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking through Orbitz at Paradisus Playa Conchal

I just called the same number for the second time. The Person told me unless I booked directly through their Reservation Hotline, he could not confirm my reservation. He said I'd have to call the Resort directly which is an International Call for me and not one I'm willing to make yet. I've emailed the Resort but haven't heard back after three email attempts. But thanks for your reply!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,221 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking through Orbitz at Paradisus Playa Conchal

Let us know maybe we can call from here...incredible some times this big nice resorts...

roadadvisor

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

Wayne, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Playa Conchal
Level Contributor
1,641 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking through Orbitz at Paradisus Playa Conchal

Does your reservation confirmation indicate "Royal Suite"? If so you should be fine. Make sure to bring a copy with you in any case.

winter springs, fl
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking through Orbitz at Paradisus Playa Conchal

My confirmation from Orbitz says "Regal Junior Suite - 2 Queen Beds or 1 King Bed" - All Inclusive. When I booked the Room it said "Adults Only". When I called Orbitz, they said that Regal Junior Suite is the only information they have. But, I think I'm calling a Call Center and I'm sure they are only reading from a script and looking at the same confirmation I am. That's why I'm trying to get the Resort to respond. Seems like that is the only way for me to get a confirmation.

winter springs, fl
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking through Orbitz at Paradisus Playa Conchal

Thanks Roadadvisor! I may request some help from you as long as I can give you my information in confidence. I know the Resort is undergoing a change in Ownership and are probably busy at this time of year. I am giving them the benefit of the doubt as to why they aren't responding to my emails. I just commented on Paradisus Playa Conchal's Facebook page again and will see if I get a response.

winter springs, fl
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking through Orbitz at Paradisus Playa Conchal

Stand by Roadadvisor. I finally got a phone # for a team at Orbitz who says they are going to call the Resort this morning. They say they are as confused as I am because the Resort tells them what Rooms are available. If this is the case, they are still advertising the "Regal Jr Suite-Adults Only" as an upgraded Room. I can't imagine that I'm the only one who questioned this being a "Royal Service". Hopefully this gets resolved today!

baltimore
Level Contributor
3,221 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking through Orbitz at Paradisus Playa Conchal

I hope it all works out for you. Please post what the results are for future bookings.

Winter Springs...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking through Orbitz at Paradisus Playa Conchal

Okay all...it seems my issue has been resolved! I called the Dynamic Package Team at Orbitz 1-888-656-4546 and spoke to a Sean who assured me that my Room confirmation said, "Regal Jr Suite-Adults only". I told him when I emailed the Resort, they told me I did not have Royal Service but a Standard Deluxe Room. He called the Resort and confirmed with Javier the Reservations Mgr. that, in fact, we did have a Royal Service Regal Jr Suite. Hopefully, this eliminates any problems when we get to the Resort. We are so looking forward to this Trip!!

10. Re: Booking through Orbitz at Paradisus Playa Conchal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2012, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Playa Conchal