We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day tours from Westin Playa de Conchal

Which Playa Conchal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Elm Grove, Wisconsin
1 post
Save Topic
Day tours from Westin Playa de Conchal

We will be traveling to Costa Rica over Easter week with our two teenage daughters 15 & 17. I am searching for day tour suggestions...so many to choose from.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,225 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day tours from Westin Playa de Conchal

Rent a car and drive to Palo Verde...it is a nice tour...if you do it yourself you will save at least $ 40.00 per person...you really do not need any middle person or company!

Also Rincon de la Vieja Volcano...and stop at Guachipelin hotel a lot of nice soft adventure tours at the hotel location!

roadadvisor

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
189 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day tours from Westin Playa de Conchal

You can go to Tamarindo and take surfung lessons, lots of fun and very close by, you can go to Hacienda Guachipelin and do all the adventure activities they have, canopy, tubbing, horse back riding, serpentarium, etc.. all in one place, not so close by but worth the trip, also try and visit Palo Verde , nice for animal watching, specially birds.

Brasilito, Costa...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Day tours from Westin Playa de Conchal

mega combo tours,atv tours sunset catamarant, surf palo verde national park

this is some links

http://www.pininosadventures.com/combos.html

www.pininosadventures.com/palo_verde.html

http://www.pininosadventures.com/jet_ski.html

www.pininosadventures.com/sail_boat.html

http://www.pininosadventures.com/atv.html

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day tours from Westin Playa de Conchal

I guess rostise3005 only knows links to pininos adventures!

Here are some more links -- www.papagayovargastours.com

www.malekutours.com

www.costarica-nationalparks.com

Keep in mind that it is about 3 hours from Playa Conchal to Rincon de la Vieja.

Another possibility is to head for Canas. Here, you can go rafting on the Rio Corobici, (Rios Tropicales), stop by Las Pumas wildlife rehabilitation center, go to the center of town and see the church covered with mosaics, on Tuesday or Saturday - visit the cow auction! In the small nearby town of Bebedero, (14 km from Canas) you can take a boat trip through Palo Verde also. Several good restaurants in Canas including La Pacifica and Rincon Corobici. From Conchal to Canas is just under 2 hours.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day tours from Westin Playa de Conchal

OOOps - I really goofed on this one! It is not 3 hours from Conchal to Rincon de la Vieja - just 90 minutes or so. My eyes read "Conchal" but for some strange reason, my brain thought "Samara." I apologize to all! Que idiota, yo.

Guanacaste
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Day tours from Westin Playa de Conchal

One of the most popular tours in Guanacaste is the Adventure Combo at the Guachipelin property. Check the www.guachipelin.com for more info.

The combo includes zipline (recommended), horseback riding, tubbing, lunch and hot springs with mud bath. This is one hour and a half from Westin Playa Conchal.

Also the Palo Verde boat ride is close (about one hour) and is a tour that offers a lot of wildlife.

Hope to give you an idea, enjoy your visit.

alerodgom

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day tours from Westin Playa de Conchal

palo verde for birds and alligators,

rincon de la vieja volcano for adventure

a sunset tour in the bay is nice

buy a ceviche in the afternoon at "señuelo" a local restaurant at the entrance of flamingo beach

for tours i can recommend

mainor at toursyourway@gmail.com

alejandro at info@kingdomtourscr.com

andres at madrigalgutierrez@gmail.com

Edited: 07 April 2011, 16:48
Playa Conchal...
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Day tours from Westin Playa de Conchal

I agree with rostice this company is real good some of my customers take some of his services and they always do real good job, for sure you can find other options arround the area, other good think is they are real close

Newnan, Georgia
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Day tours from Westin Playa de Conchal

How was the Westin resort? We are planning a trip some time this summer. Can you send me your recommendations.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,225 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Day tours from Westin Playa de Conchal

My God I really did not notice how much ROSTISE3005...really like that company...well the good news is if you rent a car you can do Palo Verde Tour for about 50% the cost of the company Pininos is promoting so bad!

Thank you for asking...please enjoy our country as much as we do!

roadadvisor