We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental

Dagsboro, Delaware
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rental

We are staying at the Westin Playa Conchal should we rent a car?

Mentioned in this post
Playa Conchal
Playa Conchal
1,147 Reviews
Playa Conchal, Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental

Renting a car will give you a lot more freedom to come and go as you wish. It will also allow you to do some exploring of the area and do some excursions on your own without going with an organized tour.

It really depends on what your intentions are and what you like to do. If you intend to just relax and spend most of your time at the resort and maybe take an organized tour, probably no need to rent a car.

You can walk to the village of Brasilito and take a taxi to the other beach towns in the area - Playa Flamingo and Potrero. From Brasilito to Playa Potrero is only about 7 km so you could experience some variety there without a car.

Mentioned in this post
Playa Flamingo
Playa Flamingo
Province of Guanacaste, Costa Rica
Playa Potrero
Playa Potrero
Level Contributor
259 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental

Just my opinion but I don't think you can ever really get a sense of a country unless you get out on your own some of the time and explore. Most of my favorite experiences in traveling involve exchanges I had with people while trying to get directions or just stopping somewhere off the beaten track.

Dagsboro, Delaware
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental

Thank you for your comments. Since we like to explore different parts of the country and do some unschelduled tours, I beleive the rental car is best for us.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,220 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rental

Good idea to rent a car at least for a couple day...nice area to drive around...

roadadvisor

nj
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Rental

staying at westin conchal, should I drive to arenal or just book a tour

Grecia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
916 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Rental

If this is your one and only excursion off the property, yes, just book a tour. The hotel will have a tour concierge for that, and with a guide you won't miss a thing. Don't forget the camera for those great photo ops with the newly awakened (damaged) Arenal in the background.

Have a bunch of fun, The Westin is a beautiful resort.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,220 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car Rental

I will rent a car is a nice easy ride...about 4 hours...maybe a little more since the way to SantaCruz I think was a little hurt and you have to take the other way..which is longer...but still great ride...of course a lot better to stay overnight...Arenal is such a nice area!

Or just visit Hotel Hacienda Guachipelin by Rincon de la Vieja ...just 1.hour 45 minutes from Conchal!

roadadv isor

Mentioned in this post
Hacienda Guachipelin
Hacienda Guachipelin
1,506 Reviews
Rincon de La Vieja, Costa Rica
Rincon de La Vieja
Rincon de La Vieja
guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,094 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car Rental

There is a car rental inside Conchal

Playa Conchal...
Level Contributor
203 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car Rental

How did it go renting the car? Can you share your opinion ?

These is very important if you could answer.

Happy travels

Miami
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Car Rental

Rent a Car!!!