We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rainy season

Which Playa Conchal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Topic
Rainy season

Traveling to Costa Rica in July, how much rain should I expect?

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rainy season

Not a lot. Mostly it's late afternoon and evening and there is usually a two-week break in the rain sometime in July. It's not like a faucet is turned on in May and turned off in December -- the rainy season kind of build up to the rainiest times of September and October. Besides, that's a pretty dry part of the country.

Edited: 21 February 2014, 20:45
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rainy season

Great! Thank you.. Traveling to the country with my sons ages 20 and 17, we are looking forward to sightseeing and making the most out of our trip. Was hoping rain wasn't going to put damper on things.. Thanks for the info.

Chandler, Arizona...
Level Contributor
35 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rainy season

Hi,

I had a similar question..so I thought I will use the same thread.

My wife and I are travelling to Costa Rica in May ( May 23 - June 1st) . From what I have read online...rain should not be bad that time and we can expect a few afternoon showers at the most.

Is that true?

Thanks!

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rainy season

True. Although -- weather isn't the same all over Costa Rica so some places will be more rainy than others.

Chandler, Arizona...
Level Contributor
35 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rainy season

Ok, Thanks for that update.

We are planning to be in Arenal and Manuel Antonio. Which place gets more rain usually? It will be helpful to know that we we are planning our activities.

6. Re: Rainy season

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2015, 05:19