We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle Service from Liberia Airport to Westin Playa Conchal

Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Shuttle Service from Liberia Airport to Westin Playa Conchal

I am looking for shuttle service to get us to and from the Liberia Airport/Westin Playa Conchal Resort. I've been quoted $90 each way for a van dedicated to just us, which is just my husband and me. Is there a company who can transport several people to the Westin making it more affordable?

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttle Service from Liberia Airport to Westin Playa Conchal

I've used http://www.ecotranscostarica.com/ . Around $20-25 pp and you'll be the first dropoff and the last pickup. They meet every flight.

2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttle Service from Liberia Airport to Westin Playa Conchal

What about renting a car at airport? All posts I have seen are at least a year old 4 of us, we want to do some touring and fishing. Unless it is a major hassle, seems a car would be less expensive and more freedom. Also, nearly missed a flight home from Cabo due to waiting on hotel shuttle.

Edited: 16 September 2014, 22:01
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Shuttle Service from Liberia Airport to Westin Playa Conchal

Edstur texas What about renting a car at airport? All posts I have seen are at least a year old 4 of us, we want to do some touring and fishing. Unless it is a major hassle, seems a car would be less expensive and more freedom. Also, nearly missed a flight home from Cabo due to waiting on hotel shuttle.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shuttle Service from Liberia Airport to Westin Playa Conchal

Yes, you can rent a car near the airport. (No cars onsite.) It's really the best way to see and do without the need to to on organized tours.

But for someone who doesn't want to drive, Ecotrans is a great choice for a shared shuttle.

And if you think that $90 is too much for private transportation, keep in mind that the airport is an hour and 15 minutes from the Westin Playa Conchal.

Kingman, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,717 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shuttle Service from Liberia Airport to Westin Playa Conchal

$90 each way isn't bad actually .. I paid that 5 years ago on my first trip here ... I used TAM and pre-booked in conjunction with my hotel reservation at the Flamingo Beach Hotel (even further from LIR than the Westin)

I think the private shuttle is the way to go so you can leave when you're ready rather than waiting for a group to fill up a shared shuttle.

pura vida and enjoy..

Randy

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shuttle Service from Liberia Airport to Westin Playa Conchal

With most shared van shuttles, you book ahead of time and get picked up at a certain time at a certain place - usually one of the hotels near the airport such as the Hilton Garden Inn. So using a shared van shuttle doesn't necessarily mean sitting and waiting until the shuttle fills up.

In addition to Ecotrans, you can also look at Tropical Tours shuttles or www.transportationincostarica.com Also -- check out www.liberiaairporttaxis.com - they also have shared van shuttles.

Kingman, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,717 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shuttle Service from Liberia Airport to Westin Playa Conchal

if you're looking for a shared shuttles as well as private shuttle options, there are many options ... all listed here on the TA page for traveling around Costa RIca

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g291982-c109576/Costa…

pura vida and enjoy,

Randy

8. Re: Shuttle Service from Liberia Airport to Westin Playa Conchal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2014, 14:44
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,308 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shuttle Service from Liberia Airport to Westin Playa Conchal

ECOTRANS…simple the best transfer company in that part of our country…

roadadvisor

Liberia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shuttle Service from Liberia Airport to Westin Playa Conchal

I think www.tamarindoexplorer.com is one of the best , or www.guanacastetoursandtransfers.com other like www.liberiashuttle.com or www.liberiacabservice.com and wwww.papagayoguanacaste.com this is the TOP of Guanacaste