We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

all inclusive resort vs. all inclusvie villa

Kansas City, Kansas
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
all inclusive resort vs. all inclusvie villa

I am planning a family vacation with extended family (62 yrs - 2 yrs). There will be 11 of us total and we are trying to decide if we should stay at the Paradisus Playa Conchal all inclusive or find a all inclusive villa in the area. Some of our group want to just "hang out by the pool/beach" and others want to get out and do stuff!

Any thoughts on which option would be better and any suggestions on specific villas that might fit the bill would be appreciated.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,956 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: all inclusive resort vs. all inclusvie villa

For the money you might be better off with a Condo Rental of some kind. If you haven't already check the VRBO for listings - vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/…costa-rica

Cheers

Inca

P.S. Paradisus is a very nice option, best AI in the country

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,417 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: all inclusive resort vs. all inclusvie villa

I will go to Conchal...hard to imposible to find anything better...at elast in AI...

roadadvisor

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: all inclusive resort vs. all inclusvie villa

I like the all-inclusive vacation rental idea. Just depends on what they mean by all-inclusive and how easy. Obviously, it's going to be different from a regular all-inclusive. Do they serve breakfast, or do you need to visit a restaurant with a voucher? Other meals? Drinks? In other words, the devil is in the details. However, there are some absolutely beautiful vacation rentals sitting empty, and it's a great idea for some!

Edited: 02 July 2010, 18:08
Florida
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: all inclusive resort vs. all inclusvie villa

Villas are a great option! We are staying at a villa in 2 weeks when we head over and have stayed in them before! Check out costaricavillas.com and villasofcostarica.com. They are the same company and own several villas of different sizes. They have cooks that will cook your 3 meals of endless food and the food is fresh and delicious! And this usually includes open bar all day/night! Also, the villas are very nice and clean! The people are very accomidating and most speak english. The people there can set up tours for you and they will pick you up and drop you off most of the time-or at least set up transportation for you! We have a group of 8 and they are making our life so easy for us!

Have fun!

Kansas City, Kansas
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: all inclusive resort vs. all inclusvie villa

Thanks everyone!

SomertimenFL what villa are you staying in? It sounds like you have stayed in an all inclusive villa before...which one? I would love to hear how your trip is and any tips you have. We are also a large group...11 of us total...4 kids! I would love any ideas about excursions too.

Thanks so much!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
171 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: all inclusive resort vs. all inclusvie villa

I too am interested in the idea of an all inclusive villa rental and have been in touch with the company somertimenFL is using. They have been very responsive and great to deal with so far and we're getting close to deciding. I just can't find any reviews on them which is what's holding me back. somertimenFL, if you're still checking in here please let us know when you're back and what you thought.

Boston...
Level Contributor
904 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: all inclusive resort vs. all inclusvie villa

http://www.cyberrentals.com/search/keywords:costa+rica

Punta Arenas, Costa...
Level Contributor
71 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: all inclusive resort vs. all inclusvie villa

There is a great place in San Miguel up on a hill that has four villas/luxury cabanas. The owners rent it and have a staff there, all is planned and taken care of in advance and they are excellent in helping plan area trips and other places to visit in the country. Food is amazing, they have reviews on TripAdvisor. Cristal Azul is the name and they are open year round. Well worth it, quality owners, quality accomodations, and an overall amazing place.

Texas
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: all inclusive resort vs. all inclusvie villa

We have been to Guanacaste several times and have stayed in various locations. One of our favorits was when we rented a villa inside an all inclusive resort so it was really the best of both worlds.

Amy with Avispa's Adventures found it for us. It was $1000 for the week and the villa was 3 bedrooms/ 2 baths with a FULLY equipt kitchen and a private plunge pool. (Which was great, especially with a margarita in hand!)

We were going to be on tours 3 days so we opted to do the all inclusive option only 2 days. This was FANTASTIC since we were not spending money on the AI options when we weren't going to be there!

We paid $34 a day per person on the days that we wanted to be AI.

10. Re: all inclusive resort vs. all inclusvie villa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2011, 05:16