We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours departing from Guanacaste area

Huntington Beach...
2 posts
Save Topic
Tours departing from Guanacaste area

We are in Costa Rica in just 2 weeks and are wondering if we should expect to get better prices on tours of places like Arenal Volcano and other day trips if booking while there in Costa Rica (like at a local hotel v. through a company found online. We will be staying in Playas del coco in Guanacaste ... any tips from other travelers are helpful! Any tours you specifically think are worthwhile?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,256 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours departing from Guanacaste area

Hi Rebecca...great questions...OF COURSE you can get great deals once you are here...deal direct with tour companies...you do not need a middle person at all...

If you find a company or individual on line...just ask if they are here in Costa Rica...no in Costa Rica find somebody else!

Palo Verde tour...Rincon de la Vieja...Guaitil...

roadadvisor from Costa Rica and IN COSTA RICA

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Huntington Beach...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours departing from Guanacaste area

Thanks Roadadvisor! That's a good tip. Have you heard much about Vargas tours? We seem to be getting good reviews and more reasonable pricing options in the $120-150 US dollar range. However, I can see how it would be good to deal in person...maybe the prices could be slightly less? Does that seem about average for cost?

We were considering Arenal Volcano one-day and possibly Nicaragua one-day as our 2 tour options...being in Costa Rica do you think these 2 are good top picks or do you have any other recommendations that we could be missing out on? Thanks for your help!!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,256 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tours departing from Guanacaste area

Thank you for asking...Vargas Tours get good reviews here and I know they have been around for a while...they are a local company run and own by cotaricans...

You are correct again...in person you can have even better deals...depends on the tours...hard for me to said yes or not..since is also very hard to have some kind of average...sorry!

If you can do the Arenal two days one night...way to much driving for one day tour...

If you like nature and that is one of the reason I reccommened to you...PALO VERDE...also a lot of fun is Rincon de la Vieja Volcano in case you have no time to visit Arenal...Rincon is a great option...and also cloud forest and at the same mountain system as Arenal...Miravalles Volcano...Tenori Volcano...the Guanacaste Volcanic Mountain System!

roadadvisor from Costa Rica and IN COSTA RICA

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tours departing from Guanacaste area

www.puravidaeh.ca nice discount cupons on tours in many areas

might check with them

www.papagayovargastours.com

good company usually same price day of or direct

they do not discount

so go with cupons to save..

5. Re: Tours departing from Guanacaste area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2010, 14:42
Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tours departing from Guanacaste area

If you are dealing with a reliable tour company, I don't think you will have a problem with your credit card being "scammed." And if you arrange your tours while you are here, no need to prepay anything.

7. Re: Tours departing from Guanacaste area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2011, 06:27