We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sail Tours in Playas del Coco

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Sail Tours in Playas del Coco

Does anybody know of an HONEST sail boat tour outfit in Playas del Coco, Someone who would NOT rip you off like DON BOSCO Yacht Charters. They were very prompt to returning my emails until I put my deposit of $200. The same day I payed my deposit I stopped receiving emails. When I got to Costa Rica I tried calling the cell number listed in their website but all I got was an answering machine telling me that the phone number I called was not accepting calls. I was present at the pickup spot (on the beach at playas del coco in front of La Vida Loca Bar at the time they specified. Nobody showed up. When I tried to get my money back from PayPal (whom I used to make the deposit) they told me they could not do anything as this was not a physical product and that the "services" category was outside their recovery scope. So, Don Bosco Yacht Charters committed fraud with the help of PayPal, So BEWARE !!!

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
747 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sail Tours in Playas del Coco

That's really unfortunate and unforgivable. Shame on them!

You can get in touch with either Sea Bird Sailing or Marlin Del Rey.

http://www.seabirdsailingexcursions.com/

www.marlinedelrey.com

Happy sailing

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sail Tours in Playas del Coco

WOW ! that was a fast response. I'm returning to Playas del Coco in January 2012, I will get in touch with those people, thanks

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,303 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sail Tours in Playas del Coco

Some big scams around...dealt with well known companies...or just wait until you are here and find out a good decent person or company to sail you around...

Very sorry to heard that they burn you...but you will be surprised how many jokers in this country playing Travel Agent...or Tour Operators...

roadadvisor

4. Re: Sail Tours in Playas del Coco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 July 2011, 22:35
Edited: 13 July 2011, 22:35
5. Re: Sail Tours in Playas del Coco

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2014, 12:42
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Sail Tours in Playas del Coco

Sorry to here about your negative experience with the Don Bosco. My wife and I had the opposite experience. Richard - Captain Hook rocks. That is his pirate ship you see in the bay. I am sure if you track him down when you return to Coco he will rectify your problem. Again great guy, can not say enough good things about him.

7. Re: Sail Tours in Playas del Coco

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 July 2011, 22:35
Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sail Tours in Playas del Coco

Please - Marlin and Seabird - do not continue to post self-promotion and advertising on this forum. Contact the person with the question in a private message or email. Self-promotion like this is not allowed on Trip Advisor forums.

xplore already recommended both of you - isn't this enough?

Vancouver, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sail Tours in Playas del Coco

Sea Bird all the way. The Captain and crew are amazing and very knowledgeable. Great customer service, open bar and snacks can't go wrong. Highly recommend Sea Bird!!

Guanacaste, Costa...
Level Contributor
114 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sail Tours in Playas del Coco

I agree. Seabird! Heather and her crew are great!

http://www.seabirdsailingexcursions.com/