what should I take along actual cash or traveller's cheques or a debit card and of course will bring visa card. In this regard,
1. what currency is best for conversion, or do I need to convert.?
2. what currency will be best for tours, groceries, liquor, shop, etc?
3.where do I go to convert and will I have to hire a taxi to get there?
4.for a debit card are the atm's safe and where do I find the atms?
5. is it safe for visa card
6.all the hidden charges for using visa atm what is the best way to avoid high fees.
7. easy way to decipher us cash to colones when shopping, etc.
8. when shopping are there extra charges for tips using debit card, etc.
9. How much $$$$ to bring along for 3 wks?????? is that safe to bring in a wallet to CR
As you can see real newbies to CR but we have had a bad experience and sooner ask than presume because we got burnt
Any information on the currency and transactions will be helpful.
Your experience is my gain to enjoy the holiday.