We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tour to panama from Playas del Coco

sask.canada
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
tour to panama from Playas del Coco

can a tour be arranged to panama docks with one overnight stay. Is this not feasible and are there any tours like this available.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,147 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tour to panama from Playas del Coco

Anything is possible...BUT...Panama is about 2 hours by plane and 16 hours each way by car...

Honestly is not worth it to even try...maybe for a 3 night visit ...

roadadvisor

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,094 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tour to panama from Playas del Coco

There is a flight Liberia to Panama 4 times / week with COPA airlines.

sask.canada
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tour to panama from Playas del Coco

I will have to put Panama on my bucket list for a next time. I will spend more time exploring CR. Thanks for everyone's reply.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,147 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tour to panama from Playas del Coco

Maybe check Rincon de la Vieja Volcano...check Hotel Hacienda Guachiplein...a lot of nice soft adventure tours...

roadadvisor

sask.canada
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tour to panama from Playas del Coco

tThanks as I will do the Rincon de la Vieza and the mud baths.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: tour to panama from Playas del Coco

Here's my list of things to do in that area that I put together for someone else. Maybe this will help:

1. Do the One Day Adventure Pass at Guachipelin. www.guachipelin.com

2. Visit Rincon de la Vieja National Park for hiking, volcano, waterfalls, hot springs, mud pots, etc.

3. Go horseback riding, fishing or boating (is that 3-in-1?)

4. Visit Santa Rosa National Park and see the old farmstead known as "La Casona" - now a museum - it figures prominently in Costa Rican history. There are several nearby trails to choose from and one longish trail ends at a deserted beach.

5. Take the boat trip through Palo Verde National Park. www.paloverdeboattours.com

6. Take the boat to Witch's Rock for surfing or just visiting a beautiful beach.

7. Visit the town of Guatil where you can see authentic Chorotega pottery being made.

8. Head to the Tenorio National Park for the hike to the Rio Celeste.

9. Go to Llanos del Cortes waterfall. Huge waterfall with small swimming area. There are often monkeys in the trees overhead.

10. Visit Las Pumas Wildlife Rescue Center in Canas where you can see all sorts of animals, including big cats.

11. Arrange a sailing trip with the Sea Bird out of Playas del Coco. Snorkeling or just a quiet sunset cruise.

12. Go whitewater rafting on the Rio Tenorio or take a float trip on the Rio Corobici. www.rinconcorobici.com

sask.canada
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: tour to panama from Playas del Coco

Hattie Costa Rica, you are the bestus TA ever! Thanks.

I am certain this not only gives me good ideas it will help other newbies.

Again thanks

8. Re: tour to panama from Playas del Coco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Playas del Coco