We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

crowds during Easter week

Which Playas del Coco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
11 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
crowds during Easter week

Last year during easter week, we visited Tamarindo. by Thursday the crowds were unbelievable and the noise at night was terrible, culminating with gun shots on Friday night! This year we would like to visit Playa del Coco and I am concerned about a negative experience there as well. Would it be queiter to stay in Hermosa or can I stay in Coco and still enjoy some peaceful evenings. we will be traveling with my daughter and her family of 3 boys ages 10, 12 and 13.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,099 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: crowds during Easter week

Playa Hermosa is wating for you guys...just avoid the wave of foreign realtors...trying to sell a piece of PARADISE...

ROADADVISOR

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
560 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: crowds during Easter week

There will be PACKED beaches whether you go to Hermosa or Coco, but also in either beach you can stay in a lodge away from town and away from the beach where the fireworks and bonfires happen at night, although usually not real late. In Coco, down in front of Pacifico Beach Club or Cafe de Playa or Beach Bums you might see fireworks during fiestas but it's only the locals who blow off the fireworks throughout the night, and sometimes into the early morning too! hahah!

It's the second busiest week of the year here, I believe, for us anyway. Very busy week, but you can still enjoy the beach, water, mountains and get away from it all if you want to.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
189 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: crowds during Easter week

Consider this hotel : Bahía del Sol, at Potrero beach in Guanacaste, it is a beach front hotel, with excellent service, great food, and a very safe beach, one of the safest beaches in Costa Rica, you will have a great time here, you will feel you have your own private beach and the pool is very close surrounded by beautiful gardens. Locals go to other beaches near by and not to his one, and the hotel is not surrounded by commerce. Consider this , I feel you will find what you are looking for.

If you are planning to do tours, check Rincón de la Vieja Area, lots of fun here as a one day trip.

Valley Cottage, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
28 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: crowds during Easter week

How crowded was crowded? I'm considering visiting Tamarindo Easter 2014.

15. Re: crowds during Easter week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2014, 07:19