We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which is closest to Playa Flamingo

Nebraska
Level Contributor
319 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Which is closest to Playa Flamingo

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry that all my posts seem to be about rental cars! One last question I hope - I will be in the Playa Flamingo/Brasilito area for a 1 week language class and then am planning to pick up a rental car for the remainder of the trip. My options with Alamo Costa Rica are to pick it up in Tamarindo or at the Allegro or Grand Papagayo resorts. Does anyone know which of these is the closest/easiest to get to? I am hoping to take a local bus (taxi is a backup, but would be more expensive) to get there. My other option would be to have Alamo deliver the car to me - I emailed them last week to see if this was possible, but didn't receive a response - does anyone know if they offer this service? Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Brasilito
Brasilito
Province of Guanacaste, Costa Rica
Tamarindo
Tamarindo
Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
344 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which is closest to Playa Flamingo

If you need a car rental agency that can drop the car at your hotel contact Angie at vacationrentals@racsa.co.cr, Toyota Rent a Car is at her office in Tamarindo and they privide this service.

Have a safe trip

Mentioned in this post
Tamarindo
Tamarindo
Punta Uva, Costa...
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which is closest to Playa Flamingo

If they don't deliver, you can take the bus to Tamarindo or Liberia, is only about 1.5 hrs,

Mentioned in this post
Tamarindo
Tamarindo
Liberia
Liberia
San Jose
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which is closest to Playa Flamingo

i would say Tamarindo is your closest option, and would also be a free pick up. Flamingo and Tamarindo are close, moreover, the rental car will most surely charge a drop off fee in Flamingo of $ 10 - $ 15 USD-

Mentioned in this post
Tamarindo
Tamarindo
Nebraska
Level Contributor
319 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which is closest to Playa Flamingo

Thanks everyone! I emailed the Toyota rental car website to compare and they quoted $40 to deliver to Flamingo and $45 to Brasilito. I'll try to get ahold of Alamo again too.

Mentioned in this post
Brasilito
Brasilito
San Jose
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which is closest to Playa Flamingo

Have Have you tried at Europcar? They've always worked wonders for me and they have an office in Tamarindo - and Im sure they will not charge you that much. Their website is www.europcar.co.cr. They have excellent rates

Mentioned in this post
Tamarindo
Tamarindo
Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
812 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which is closest to Playa Flamingo

We used Adobe when we were in Brasilito. They delivered to the hotel, no extra charge. The hotel arranged it though, so maybe that's why? Worth checking into, I guess.

Mentioned in this post
Brasilito
Brasilito
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,090 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which is closest to Playa Flamingo

Toyota is a great rent a car...and you do not need to call any travel agent...you can do it direct...

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

8. Re: Which is closest to Playa Flamingo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2010, 06:19