We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi's in Flamingo

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi's in Flamingo

We have rented a vacation home on Flamingo Beach, and are trying to decide whether or not to rent a car for a few days. When we were in St. Lucia last year, we found that for the few times we needed to drive, we arranged for taxi's and the overall cost was less than the rental/insurance/gas of a car. We basically found one guy we liked, and used him all the time....he was more like our private driver than our cabbie. Is it possible to have the same kind of thing here, or are they more regulated? Also, is there a grocery store in Playa Flamingo? If not where is the closest one?

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,968 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi's in Flamingo

Yes you can do the same type of thing for drivers. That is what I do too.

The last I was there there was not a grocery store. There are convience stores.

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi's in Flamingo

Another question then....when we've traveled, cabbies all had business cards, we always keep our fav to pass along to others looking for an honest taxi. Anyone out there have any contacts?

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,968 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi's in Flamingo

I will look for my guy who lives in Potrero which is close to Flamingo. It has been 18 mos since I have used him though. Hopefully you will get some more options from others. I would also ask the people you are renting the home from for a contact. I too get peoples contact info if I liked them. I need to be more organized with this info so I could find it when I need it.

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi's in Flamingo

There is really only one good grocery store it's called Massai, and it's on the road leading into Flamingo/Potrero. On the right-hand side.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,308 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi's in Flamingo

Some great helpfull cab drivers around there...just look for one or ask and you will find the perfect one...or at least a nice decent one...

roadadvsior

6. Re: Taxi's in Flamingo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2011, 04:25
7. Re: Taxi's in Flamingo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2012, 11:16