We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi cost

st louis missouri
Level Contributor
80 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
taxi cost

Are taxis easy to get and where can I see a rate schedule to nearby towns and beaches. I will be staying at the Sunset Heights Condo complex. Do they charge per trip or per person. Are there a lot of public buses and are they easy to catch. Is most of Flamingo and Potero beach restaurants a easy walk

Mentioned in this post
Flamingo Beach Resort And Spa
Flamingo Beach Resort...
2,281 Reviews
Playa Flamingo, Costa Rica
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,220 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi cost

They charge by trip...most of the with meters...MARIAS...we call the meters MARIAS...yes easy to get one in Flamingo...try to make a deal with them...some times it works...

roadadvisor.

Mentioned in this post
Flamingo Beach Resort...
2,281 Reviews
Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi cost

Everything is Flamingo Beach is an easy walk. To get to Potrero, you'll need a car or taxi. There is a Bus Stand in Flamingo and easy to catch a bus for Tamarindo. Also, there are plenty of taxis in Flamingo.

Mentioned in this post
Flamingo Beach Resort...
2,281 Reviews
Tamarindo
Tamarindo
Province of Guanacaste, Costa Rica
Caiif. Bay Area
Level Contributor
9 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi cost

I just got back from Flamingo and tried to use the bus. Waiting 1:45 hours, it either never came or just past us by. "Tico Time" LOL. Others (Spanish speaking) were also waiting for the same bus, it never came while we were there. Went back to hotel and got a tourism taxi for $25 each way to Tamarindo.

Mentioned in this post
Flamingo Beach Resort...
2,281 Reviews
Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi cost

pfergy - sorry you had a bad experience with the bus. Buses in Costa Rica are usually very reliable. Perhaps your bus had a mechanical problem and there wasn't a substitute available.

I ride the bus all the time and can only remember a few instances like this in many years.

Anyway, good to know you can get a taxi from Flamingo to Tamarindo for $25. I will try to remember that!

Mentioned in this post
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
Flamingo Beach Resort...
2,281 Reviews
Tamarindo
Tamarindo
Brasilito, Costa...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi cost

Hi,

A taxi from Flamingo to Brasilito will be $5, from Flamingo up to Penca and the beaches north of Potrero will be $15-$20. All of the taxis in Flamingo operate on a per location charge. Grande or Tamarindo will be $20-$30. Make sure you know what it will cost before you get in the taxi. They are all slightly negotiable.

Mentioned in this post
Flamingo Beach Resort...
2,281 Reviews
Tamarindo
Tamarindo
6. Re: taxi cost

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 14:17