We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are Tanqueray (gin) & tonic water available locally?

Which Playa Flamingo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
46 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Are Tanqueray (gin) & tonic water available locally?

We're rather partial to a Tanqueray & tonic...or two...for cocktail hour at our villa prior to heading out for dinner. Are these two ingredients something we'll be able to find locally (guessing limes won't be an issue?)?

Canada
Level Contributor
3,844 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are Tanqueray (gin) & tonic water available locally?

Ja!....Tanqueray & Tonic no problem, but limes are another story. Mostly you will find limons - kinda a cross between a lemon and a lime. I love them - maybe you will too!

Edited: 17 January 2012, 02:36
Canada
Level Contributor
3,844 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are Tanqueray (gin) & tonic water available locally?

I should add that you will probably be able to find the limes you are accustomed to as well.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
46 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are Tanqueray (gin) & tonic water available locally?

Appreciate your fast response and very happy about your answer. The limons sound fun!

Our last snowbird get-a-way was in Puerto Vallarta. Sizeable town/city, plenty of tourists. Would have thought a T&T would be no problem, but no such luck. In fact, a quality libation of any concoction was indeed a rare find. Glad to know that won't be a problem this time around.

Playa Conchal...
Level Contributor
2,032 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are Tanqueray (gin) & tonic water available locally?

Have to disagree, Tanquerey is actually pretty rare in this area-and if you do find it-expensive! Much better to buy Duty Free-I highly recommend the Rangpur if you haven't tried it!!!!

Uvita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Uvita, Ojochal
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are Tanqueray (gin) & tonic water available locally?

Buy a bottle of Tanquerey duty free either at the departure airport or in San Jose airport Duty free on arrival next to baggage claim. It is available in Costa Rica in liquor stors and many suppermarkets but at a premium, Tonic Water easly available as "agua quinada" or "agua Tonica" withCanada Dry the most common brand. I have found limes are a not a problem and widely available and are smooth greenl.

6. Re: Are Tanqueray (gin) & tonic water available locally?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2013, 10:22