We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

exchange money & low key restaurants

Which Playa Flamingo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
5 posts
Save Topic
exchange money & low key restaurants

we will be staying at the playa flamingo resort and eating out dinners rather than at the hotel. where can I exchange money? Should I bother with dollars at all? where do we go for a nice low key dinner? marie's seems to be close, anywhere else? thanks so much!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,269 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: exchange money & low key restaurants

Dear ate..

You can exchange money at the local bank...some great small places to eat at Brasilito...just minutes away from Flamingo...lok for nice clean SODAS!!

roadadvisor

New York City, New...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: exchange money & low key restaurants

Thank you! Is that walking distance? I also read that pick-up from restaurants seem to be common, is that true? we won't have a car and just want a really fun, low key vacation.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,269 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: exchange money & low key restaurants

Dear ate...

It is a short distance...but better to take a taxi...not much money for that short ride...In my case I do not like to suggest wlaking..since some irresponsable people around sometimes...norrow roads...not good idea to take chances...for a little savings...

roadadvisor

Playa Conchal...
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: exchange money & low key restaurants

You can easily walk to Maries, Angelinas, and Flamingo Pizza and Subs in around 5 minutes. A little further is Pleamar (around 5 minutes drive) which is a local soda directly on the beach. Another couple of minutes drive brings you to the Banco National or BCR to change money. You'll find most restaurants take US$ .

New York City, New...
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: exchange money & low key restaurants

Thanks so much! Great info from all! Very excited to make the trip soon!

6. Re: exchange money & low key restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2013, 09:31