We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa Flamingo Restaurants

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
40 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Playa Flamingo Restaurants

We are thinking about staying in the Playa Flamingo for our visit to Costa Rica. We will not have a car and are wondering if you are able to walk to Restaurants etc from the hotels or is there not a main section of town. Where would you suggest staying?

San Isidro del...
Level Contributor
938 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Playa Flamingo Restaurants

Flamingo Beach is very pretty but there isn't much there. There are tour operators around for fishing, turtle watching, snorkeling/diving and a few other things but the town itself is very small. You will have to hire someone from the tour operators to get out and see the area. I only personally know of two restaurants other than the ones in the hotels. Maries and another one on the hill going up to the bank. There are some gift shops. It is surrounded by big expensive homes. I spent a week there studying spanish and although it was beautiful I was ready to move on. If you were going to have a car it would be one thing because there are places to visit fairly nearby but the closest little town is Potrero which is about a 30-45 min walk. Potrero is where I stayed with a local family. The road going to Potrero has monkeys on it. When I was there there were no taxis.

2. Re: Playa Flamingo Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 19:16