We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sol Y Luna Lodge - Reviews?

Punta Uva, Costa...
Level Contributor
291 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Sol Y Luna Lodge - Reviews?

This lodge has a cute website and the owner has been very helpful via email - I was planning to spend my last 2 nights in CR there.

However, I can only find 3 reviews in English, 2 of them saying it is not a good place to stay.

Anyone?

Thank you.

Bay Area, California
Level Contributor
41 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sol Y Luna Lodge - Reviews?

We just got back today. We spent a week there and LOVED it. I made a post last night while waiting for my flight. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask!

cat22

CHICAGO
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sol Y Luna Lodge - Reviews?

Cat22 I would love to know more about it to. I checked out the web site and it looks beautiful. Can you tell us more about your stay. How far is it to the beach and can you walk there? Another review seemed to indicate that you could not. Is the beach swimable? Thanks!

Bay Area, California
Level Contributor
41 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sol Y Luna Lodge - Reviews?

We spent a relaxing week at Sol Y Luna. There are several individual bungalows. I believe they all have kitchenettes with sink, small refrig. w/freezer and a two burner electric stovetop. There is a path to the beach thru a forested area (about 5 to 10 minutes). It is very peaceful there, and we saw many different birds, parrots, and even an armadillo passed thru our back porch. There are comfy hammocks on the back deck, and a nice pool and jacuzzi.

It is a surfer's beach. You have to be careful with the currents, 42 year old man (I believe from Chicago?) drowned last week in Tamarindo which is just a little south of Playa Grande. Beach is very beautiful, lots of seashells, sand dollars, hermit crabs, etc!

Hope this helps.

cat22

4. Re: Sol Y Luna Lodge - Reviews?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 21:20