We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road conditions from Liberia to P.G.

Which Playa Grande hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Paul...
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Road conditions from Liberia to P.G.

Can anyone tell me what the roads are now like from Liberia to Playa Grande. I've heard they are a lot better than in the past. I was wondering if we could manage with renting a mini-van instead of a SUV (we have 5 adults and one toddler to haul around). We will be there in the beginning of March.

Playa Grande
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Road conditions from Liberia to P.G.

Hey Funky, the roads are entirely paved from Liberia to Grande. You should be fine, but, if you are intending on traveling around to some other places, you may want to go ahead and rent a 4x4 just in case.

Salem, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Road conditions from Liberia to P.G.

Halleluja! That road is paved! And so are most of the roads leading into Tamarindo. Why don't you decide where else you will be driving and then ask around on the boards. BTW the road to Arenal is much improved.

3. Re: Road conditions from Liberia to P.G.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 22:16