We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fiesta Premier vs. Allegro Papagayo

London, Ontario
4 posts
Save Topic
Fiesta Premier vs. Allegro Papagayo

I'm planning on going to Costa Rica for the first time in February. We're looking at staying at either the Fiesta Premier or the Allegro Papagayo. The Fiesta Premier is more expensive than the Allegro and we're just wondering if it's worth the extra money. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Allegro Papagayo
Allegro Papagayo
1,859 Reviews
Gulf of Papagayo, Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
Guanacaste, Utah...
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fiesta Premier vs. Allegro Papagayo

The Fiesta will soon be a Hilton...but it is definitely a better choice than the Allegro Papagayo. It is closer to smaller towns like Coco and Hermosa....also a shorter drive to all the tour locations and airport. It is on a nicer beach too. You are going to have better food and drink quality also.

Mentioned in this post
Allegro Papagayo
Allegro Papagayo
1,859 Reviews
Gulf of Papagayo, Costa Rica
Playa Hermosa...
Level Contributor
867 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fiesta Premier vs. Allegro Papagayo

The Fiesta is much better quailty than the Allegro and is worth the difference. Much closer to local towns and activities also. They are almost finished upgrading many of the rooms.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,025 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fiesta Premier vs. Allegro Papagayo

My indian grand mother use to said..."you can add perfume to the monkey shower ...but it will stay a monkey..." no matter What Hilton do or do not do with the hotel Fiesta and Allegro...both of them are located on terrible beaches!!

Luis Road Advisors

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in paradise!!

Bracebridge, Canada
Level Contributor
559 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fiesta Premier vs. Allegro Papagayo

What's so terrible about the beaches?

Guanacaste, Utah...
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Fiesta Premier vs. Allegro Papagayo

Don't listen to Roadadvisor...there is nothing terrible about the beaches there! What a negative thing to say about your own country!!

I like the beach near the Fiesta it is quiet and good for swimming. You can also walk to the right past some rocks and there is a secluded beach that is just beautiful (at least it was secluded the last time I went).

Have a great vacation!

The Villages...
Level Contributor
130 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Fiesta Premier vs. Allegro Papagayo

We stayed at the Allegro about 4 years ago and there was a strong sewer smell around the pool and the area that you ate at. I don't know where the Fiesta is but Coco Beach was the dirtiest beach we saw.

moncton
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Fiesta Premier vs. Allegro Papagayo

I totally agree, yest he beach is a volcanic beach with the darker sand and all but I still enjoyed the water anyways.....and you have to remember you are going on the Pacific side of the area, so the water is never as great as the caribean side.....a known fact! And be carefull if you do venture out too deep, I did some snorkeling and got bit by some bus in the water....not pretty!

8. Re: Fiesta Premier vs. Allegro Papagayo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 23:18
Get answers to your questions about Playa Hermosa