We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last week of November or first week in april?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
173 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Last week of November or first week in april?

Hi folks,

We have these two options for visiting Playa Hermosa area. I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who can advise which would be our best bet for good weather. I know Nov is the tail end of the rainy season and April is the beginning but am getting conflicting information regarding which would be best. Obviously some rain is fine, just don't want it all day every day. Anyone been at either of these times and can share their experience? Thanks for any help!

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last week of November or first week in april?

I would recommend April since November can be very rainy. April is usually very dry.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,765 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last week of November or first week in april?

April is the driest month of the year and hot..nice and hot !

roadadvisor

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Last week of November or first week in april?

Love the end of November, everything is so green, and it's the coolest month of the year. If it rains at all during the end of November, it wouldn't be very much.

Edited: 02 July 2010, 07:11
TravelCat_2010
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Last week of November or first week in april?

I would choose November because I like things green, a little cooler (by that I mean in the high 80's low 90's!), and not crowded. A little rain is actually nice!

April is the hottest, driest, and most crowded time! Everything will be brown and it gets HOT...I mean this year it reached about 105 F.!

If your dates fall during Easter week then it will be packed with mostly local tourists from San Jose and the spring break tourists from the USA. This means the beaches will be crowded, hotel prices will be the highest, and rental cars might be sold out.

I hope this info helps you make a decision!

Have a great trip!

http://www.papagayoinfo.net

5. Re: Last week of November or first week in april?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2010, 05:18