We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Miravalles, tipping and things to do nearby Villas Sol

Saint John, Canada
Level Contributor
200 posts
Save Topic
Miravalles, tipping and things to do nearby Villas Sol

HI:

I am wondering, how is the canopy tour at Miravalles? We are definately doing the Miravalles tour..but not sure if I would enjoy the canopy tour portion of it. I am a big chicken and I don't want something too scary, high or challenging. I know that all zip-lines are not created equal.

Second question is about tips...from my understanding, it is customary to tip tour guides..but tipping in hotel and restaurants is not necessary unless you receive exceptional service and really want to. Am I correct in this? Is US currency acceptable for tipping?

Also, can anyone recommend anythings to do nearby while we are staying at Villas Sol? Should we take a taxi to Playa del Coco, Liberia...? Is there a waterfall, or fresh water swimming nearby? Is it pretty safe to wander on our own?

Thank you for your replies to any or all of the questions!

Saint John, Canada
Level Contributor
200 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Miravalles, tipping and things to do nearby Villas Sol

anyone? I am especially anxious to hear about the canopy tour (how high and fast and scary and difficult is it). I need to decide if I am going to do this soon!

Liberia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Miravalles, tipping and things to do nearby Villas Sol

The canopy tour is not scary, it is fast but not very high from the ground.

The tips in CR are customary to everyone you want to tip. The waiters and bar tenders have the 10% of service on the tab added, any extra tip will come as a gratitude.

Playa Hermosa has a great variety of restaurants and local bars. Coco Beach is a must since they have vendors and good local artesian shopping, plus good restaurants such as Papagayo Sea Food.

The security is very safe only use common sense.

The area called Llanos del Cortez is a waterfall were people go to swim, and it is one hour away from Villa Sol.

Any other help just ask

Alejandro

Saint John, Canada
Level Contributor
200 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Miravalles, tipping and things to do nearby Villas Sol

Thank you so much for your reply. Very helpful! 4 more days until we visit beautiful Costa Rica for the first time! Can't wait!

4. Re: Miravalles, tipping and things to do nearby Villas Sol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2012, 07:17