We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

These prices are worse than Hawaii

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
6 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
These prices are worse than Hawaii

What are these people thinking with these rates? We have been going there for 10 years and this rates on Trip Advisor are tripled what we pay . I guess we will start going back to Hawaii. People, I bet your homes are not rented, please adjust these prices so we can all come back to Paradise again. To everyone , try Playa Del Coco maybe you want get ripped off there.

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
Level Contributor
1,828 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: These prices are worse than Hawaii

Can you please be more specific? I don't follow who 'these people' are.....

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,936 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: These prices are worse than Hawaii

That is a good idea ..please give some names!

roadadvisor

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: These prices are worse than Hawaii

As for Playas del Coco, there are rentals there of all prices so I don't understand the comment about being "ripped off." Definitely we need more details in order to address this.

Uvita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Uvita, Ojochal
Level Contributor
2,649 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: These prices are worse than Hawaii

Need more details on what you are talking about! But in Costa Rica you can find places to stay, vacation rentals (there was one for $250 pm in Montezuma... but need to buy your own pans) restaurants for all budgets just need to shop around!

Punta Uva, Costa...
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: These prices are worse than Hawaii

Costa Rica is not cheap, but certainly cheaper than Hawaii. Shop around, there are good bargains for lodging and food.

Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: These prices are worse than Hawaii

Like prior posters i am not sure what locations or dates you claim have rates higher than your expectations but but for the last few months I have been booking extremely nice 2 bedroom/2 bathroom ocean view privately owned condominiums for what I consider to be very reasonable and competitive prices.

If you are seeking reservations at the end of the year prices are much higher than at other times. At all other times of the year I have been able to find very reasonable rates in Playas del Coco. Look around. Trip advisor is not the only entity with banner ads.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
8,097 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: These prices are worse than Hawaii

I have a buddy up in Coco, he tells me Condos, 2 BR/2BA brand new are going as cheap as $400 a month.... Not to shabby in my book.

Jaco, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: These prices are worse than Hawaii

By all means negociate! There are a lot of high prices listed at places but with the economy the way it has been most people are willing to drop prices. And if they don't they just keep looking at their empty properties.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
460 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: These prices are worse than Hawaii

Don't know about Coco beach, but today I had a pepperoni pizza and two smoothies at the Los Suenos marina for $14. Not bad!!!

10. Re: These prices are worse than Hawaii

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 October 2011, 10:35
Get answers to your questions about Playa Hermosa
Recent Conversations