We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tamarindo, playa del coco, playa hermosa

Which Playa Hermosa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
tamarindo, playa del coco, playa hermosa

I need a 3-bedroom place with a pool in one of these areas. There's the parents (that's us) & 2 young adult children with significant others. The parents are paying - so we have to keep the price down. Your opinions on which of the 3 areas to go to would help. Do we need a car? I want a place that is safe for them to walk to bars, dancing or restaurants at night (so some nightlife for the kids). Where is the beach better? Where would there be someone available who can arrange a zip-line tour, volcanoes, & jungle.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tamarindo, playa del coco, playa hermosa

I think Tamarindo would fit your requirements better. Playa Hermosa is nice but just too quiet for what you are looking for. Playas del Coco is also good for your goals.

You won't need a car.

The beaches in Tamarindo and Playas del Coco are probably equal.

You can arrange tours through your hotel or some of the excellent tour operators in Guanacaste. This would include Avispas Adventures, Papagayo-Vargas Tours, Maleku Tours and Jacamar, among others. Swiss Travel/Cielo Azul is top notch but probably a bit more. You can also check Anywhere Costa Rica.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,269 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tamarindo, playa del coco, playa hermosa

Some condos by MAPACHE at Coco´s...maybe you can check with them...

roadadvisor

3. Re: tamarindo, playa del coco, playa hermosa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2017, 23:00
Edmonton, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: tamarindo, playa del coco, playa hermosa

We are also planning a trip to CR with the same requirements in April 2012; two adults with two young adult daughters and friends. Where did you stay and how did you like it? We are also trying to pick between Hermosa, Coco or Tarmarindo.

Edmonton, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: tamarindo, playa del coco, playa hermosa

We are also planning a trip to CR with the same requirements in April 2012; two adults with two young adult daughters and friends. Where did you stay and how did you like it? We are also trying to pick between Hermosa, Coco or Tarmarindo.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
583 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: tamarindo, playa del coco, playa hermosa

Coco or Tamarindo.

Both have bars and restaurants that you can walk to and both have places for you to book volcano, river, ocean tours, etc.

I live in Coco so I know the Las Palmas (or Mapachi) condos have inexpensive rentals. Most are 2 or 3 bedroom condos, with pools, laundry facilities, wi fi service and very close to beach and town.

In Coco there are several property management offices with lists of rentals;

Better Homes; betterhomescostarica.com/listings/rentals/ma…

Love these rentals a little up the hill; greenmysterycostarica.com/vacation-rentals/

And these too; http://www.ranchoarmadillo.com/

You can also search on Craigslist; http://costarica.en.craigslist.org/vac/

Or here is a couple who likes to go sailing with us, I think they have about 40 rentals in Mapachi alone; https:/…posts

Lots of photos of the condos they have on their Google Plus account.

Have fun shopping!

Heather

Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: tamarindo, playa del coco, playa hermosa

We stayed in a 3 bedroom villa in a small gated complex in Tamarindo - Villa Verde. It was not like staying ina big resort or an all-inclusive. But everyone was ok with it. We never went to Coco or Hermosa. I got the villa through VRBO.com. There was a 24-hour guar inside the gate. It was a 5- minute walk to the beach and to town and small grocery store & a $2 taxi ride each way to a bigger automercado (grocery store). The beach there is lovely. There are lots of restaurants to choose from. Since there were 4 young adults, they mostly stayed together. It was safe. We did not rent a car, but we did arrange an excursion which included the transportation. I would google Jacamar. We did a whole day tour at Ricon de la Vieja, which included horseback riding, a nice lunch, zip-lining & rock climbing, swinging across the canyon on ropes & floating down a narrow river with little rapids. We each had our own inner tube. There were workers at the front, back & center to be sure everyone was always ok. This was a good time of year to go. It was in the 90's, no rain. You do need bug spray & sunscreen. You can walk on the beach & find outfits that give surf lessons & rent boards. If you speak Spanish it's nice, but not necessary. If you want to white-water raft, it is a bit further away. Let me know if you want more info.

8. Re: tamarindo, playa del coco, playa hermosa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Playa Hermosa