We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

May or July

East Anglia
Level Contributor
318 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
May or July

We are travelling from England to CR and have the option of May or July. Weather wise is there much difference in these 2 months ?

Thanks you for any assistance.

East Anglia
Level Contributor
318 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: May or July

I was considering going to see Arenal Volcano but (forgive) my ignorance) I understand there are other hot springs and volcanoes which are easier to get to ? I am only just starting on my research about CR and so am very ignorant of what's there at the moment. By the time I visit I hope to be well informed.

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,094 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: May or July

To be honest Arenal is easy to go to. There are hot springs in other areas like Rincon de la Vieja, where the volcano is active.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
52 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: May or July

Oh geez,

For those of us on TripAdvisor that have planned our trips to Costa Rica for May... this post was disappointing! Hopefully the weather this coming week will be unseasonably nice? At least red tide is gone, we have that to be thankful for!

Mentioned in this post
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,100 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: May or July

We NATIVES of Costa Rica...alwyas enjoy the Little summer of San Juan...which basically called in other countries like the Indian Summer...and that happends around July..

Great weather most of the time...everything green...most of the kids in middle term vacation...a lot of great kids around our beaches and mountains...for me July is a great month and has been for more then 50 years!

roadadvisor

Mentioned in this post
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
San Juan
San Juan
Puerto Rico
guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,094 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: May or July

July is the highest month of visitation of the summer vacation period, that we call the second high season.

26. Re: May or July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2013, 21:34
Get answers to your questions about Playa Hermosa