We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging and Transportation

Kansas City
Level Contributor
7 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Lodging and Transportation

I need a recommendation for a moderately priced place to stay. Will not have car so would like a place near the beach but not far from a town. Is there an easy way to get to LaFortuna from Samara. Thanks!!!

Mentioned in this post
Samara Beach
Samara Beach
1,316 Reviews
Playa Samara, Costa Rica
Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging and Transportation

Hotel Esperanza, Playa Samara - Reviews - TripAdvisor

See 30 traveler reviews, 16 candid photos, and great deals for Hotel Esperanza, ranked #1 of 12 hotels in Playa Samara and rated 4.5 of 5 at …tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g309247-d30264…

www.interbusonline.com for xport...

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Esperanza
Hotel Esperanza
238 Reviews
Playa Carrillo, Costa Rica
Playa Samara
Playa Samara
Province of Guanacaste, Costa Rica
maryland
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging and Transportation

We just got back from Samara last week and had a great time. We stayed at the Villa Kalimba and it was exceptional. It is a neat little town and everything is

within walking distance.

I believe that the Esperanza mentioned previously is a few miles down the road in Carilla.

Mentioned in this post
Samara Beach
Samara Beach
1,316 Reviews
Playa Samara, Costa Rica
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging and Transportation

Check out Interbus--they have daily shuttles and I think they go between La Fortuna and Samara. It's a long drive if you rent a car.

I've stayed at Hotel Belvedere in Samara--German run and very clean. I've heard good things about Casa Valeria too--it's on the beach and I think it's around 40$ a night.

Mentioned in this post
Samara Beach
Samara Beach
1,316 Reviews
Playa Samara, Costa Rica
Fallbrook
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging and Transportation

Hi KCJ,

I'm going to be in Samara at the beginning of March, so have been doing a bit of research myself. I've got a lot of info I could pass on, but to target info that might be helpful to you, what would be "moderately priced" in your budget.

Message me if you want, or reply here, and I'll try to match up what I've found with what you need.

Mentioned in this post
Samara Beach
Samara Beach
1,316 Reviews
Playa Samara, Costa Rica
5. Re: Lodging and Transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 00:17
Get answers to your questions about Playa Samara