We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public Bus from Samara to/from Carrillo or Nosara?

Which Playa Samara hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Langley City, Canada
Level Contributor
778 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Public Bus from Samara to/from Carrillo or Nosara?

I've been trying to find some information on this with not much luck so just thought I would check on the forum.

I'm wondering if there is a cheap, public bus that goes to/from Samara and Carrillo and/or Nosara (without a major detour through Nicoya)?

We are trying to see if we can avoid renting a car and cut down on the taxi rides to explore these areas a bit.

Thank you!

Nowhere
Destination Expert
for Playa Samara
Level Contributor
3,985 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public Bus from Samara to/from Carrillo or Nosara?

Yes, you can take any bus from Samara toward Nicoya and get off at "la bomba" - the gas station that sits roughly five km outside of Samara at the intersection to the road to Nosara.

There's a little bus stop right at the intersection where you can board the bus to Nosara. Buses run roughly every hour.

Langley City, Canada
Level Contributor
778 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public Bus from Samara to/from Carrillo or Nosara?

Oh perfect, thank you! Do you know if it's this easy to get back from there?

Nowhere
Destination Expert
for Playa Samara
Level Contributor
3,985 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public Bus from Samara to/from Carrillo or Nosara?

Yup - same thing. Take the bus from Nosara to Nicoya and get off at the bomba. Reconnect with the bus to Samara. I don't know how often the Nosara-Nicoya buses run, but it should be roughly the same frequency as the Samara-Nicoya bus.

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
158 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Public Bus from Samara to/from Carrillo or Nosara?

The last time we were in Samara there was also a bus from Samara to Carillo. We picked it up at a small grocery store down the road from the busstop to Nicoya. I believe the price was under $1 USD

North Carolina
Level Contributor
532 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Public Bus from Samara to/from Carrillo or Nosara?

Yes, the buses to/from Carrillo are still in service.

Nowhere
Destination Expert
for Playa Samara
Level Contributor
3,985 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Public Bus from Samara to/from Carrillo or Nosara?

It's the same bus! Goes Carrillo-Samara-Nicoya-Samara-Carrillo.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Public Bus from Samara to/from Carrillo or Nosara?

FYI: there are only 4 buses from Nicoya to Nosara daily so ask in Samara for the schedule before you get stuck at the bomba waiting.

8. Re: Public Bus from Samara to/from Carrillo or Nosara?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2009, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Playa Samara