We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Samara Fishing???

Which Playa Samara hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Grand Junction...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Samara Fishing???

I am coming at the end of Oct for the first time. Is there a place in Samara to rent decent fishing equip. for surf fishing? also could anyone refer me to a good panga captain or the email address of an actual fisherman in Samara I could connect with. Thanks for any help!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,017 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Samara Fishing???

Sorry I have no names...but if you can go to Punta Guiones that is close from Samara it is a great place to try some surf fishing..once in Samara is not going to be hard to find a person to help you...many nice locals...

Also on the way to Guinoes from Samara...in Playa Garza...some great fishermens around there...

roadadvisor

Edited: 24 September 2011, 22:22
2. Re: Samara Fishing???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 October 2011, 01:05
Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Samara Fishing???

BradAndersonSamara your postings are getting a little suspicious.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Samara Fishing???

Cubanon - I have reported those posts as inappropriate/self-promotion. I think that BradAndersonSamara is new to Trip Advisor and is not aware that Trip Advisor guidelines don't allow advertising or self-promotion.

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,044 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Samara Fishing???

I've not seen any surf (shore) fishing in Samara.....but that does not mean it's not done...maybe at the far south end of the beach where some small boats are?

Yes, Garza is a great place to 'hook up' (pun intended) with great local fishermen, but it's 30 minutes from Samara.....

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Samara Fishing???

I go down to Samara about once a year. I go fishing with Leo Tours. Panga fishing for a reasonable price. We've caught tuna, dorado, wahoo, red snapper, and what I think is spanish mackerel. It really depends on what time of year you go. If we don't catch anything right away they take me spear fishing. Garza has good fishing, but honestly I would rather stay in town. I know he also rents kayaks and does tours to show people Isla Chora and dolphins and turtles, but I'm not into that so much. I think I might rent a kayak next time and try kayak fishing the reefs. I've always wanted to do that.

Sámara, Guanacaste...
Level Contributor
114 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Samara Fishing???

Hi. Leo Tours is great. I have talked to many people that have gone on his tours and they have come back happy. I did not know people could Kayak Fish until recently, when a couple of people rented some kayaks to do just that. I have not heard back of how that went. I do think there is some surf fishing by the coral reefs at the edges of the beach is possible. Have fun!!!

Punta Arenas, Costa...
Level Contributor
71 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Samara Fishing???

Just so you know, October is peak rainy season. I recommend Rick Ruhlow out of Carillo, a little South of Samara. He is a professional sport fishing captain with years of experience in the area with a fully equipped boat & tackle. Lunches on board as well.

9. Re: Samara Fishing???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 08:40
Get answers to your questions about Playa Samara