We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last Minute questions...guatil potery, ATM,etc

Which Playa Samara hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
california
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Last Minute questions...guatil potery, ATM,etc

Good morning TA!

How can I get to the Guatil potery by bus? And back to Samara ...we are on a budget, and think the tours are a bit expensive

I will be using a capital one ATM mastercard to withdraw $$, but it doesn't show any logo (cirus, or any other) should it b a problem? Which ATM should I use for better luck (I will have an alternet visa ATM just in case, but the visa charges all those fees) not Capital one)

We eat dinner late, so it will be dark when we go, should we walk on the beach with a flashlight, or through the back road instead? It sill be mom and 11 yr old son only.

Lastly (sorry so many questions) could I find in Samara any souvenir T shirts that say "Samara" or "costa rica pura Vida"? I know kinda cheesy, but my son wants one! Ok, me too! :)

Any day trips by bus that we could do from Samara ? Maybe other little towns, or ???

Oh, and what are some grocery goodies that I could bring home? Like yummy jams, or sweets or cookies ( I love to go to groceries when in another country and bring stuff back ) I hate to say this, but every countries groceries taste much better then what we get here in the US... too many preservatives here!

Ok, my appologies for so many questions! And thanks again!

Yesi

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,036 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last Minute questions...guatil potery, ATM,etc

You can get by bus to Nicoya and from there a taxi to Guaitil...make a deal with the driver for a round trip fare...such a ni ce pottery there...from our ancestors the Chorotega indians...so proud of them...well porudly I´m one of them...

roadadv isor

california
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last Minute questions...guatil potery, ATM,etc

Thanks Luis!

How much should I expect to pay round trip from nicoya to guatil and back to nicoya?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,036 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last Minute questions...guatil potery, ATM,etc

You are WELCOME...really that depends very much of the driver...the car...and if he will go by the meter or as afree lance...the answer may be at your place in Samara...they may have a good honest person in Nicoya to drive you guys there!

roadadvisor

california
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last Minute questions...guatil potery, ATM,etc

Thanks again!

I was hoping to know if it's $10usd or $100usd round trip sort of an estimate... I'll ask at my place in Samara

Hopefully I can get my other questions answered

Thanks again!

Yesi

Pleasanton...
Level Contributor
409 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Last Minute questions...guatil potery, ATM,etc

Hi Yesi,

I don't know the answer to your ATM question, hopefully someone else will chime in.

Most of the restaurants on the beach are still close to town. You should be fine walking back on the beach to your place. I would bring a flashlight as it gets dark at about 6pm.

Lot's of "pura vida" and "costa rica" souvenirs, not sure about "samara".

I can't think of any grocery goodies I would bring home except coffee.

Sámara, Guanacaste...
Level Contributor
114 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Last Minute questions...guatil potery, ATM,etc

Hi yesiloves2travel,

As an average, prices for taxis are about $1/minute. From Nicoya to Guaitil, I think it is about 30-40 mins. It may be best to take a bus from Samara to Nicoya and then Nicoya to Sta. Cruz and then a taxi bc Sta. Cruz is much closer to Guaitil than Nicoya and you will be able to for sure get a taxi in Sta. Cruz

Have fun!

Sámara, Guanacaste...
Level Contributor
114 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Last Minute questions...guatil potery, ATM,etc

Oh, as for the ATM's, if they do not work at the actual ATM, you can go into the bank with your passport and withdraw from your card. You might want to check what the difference in fees are from your US bank.

california
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Last Minute questions...guatil potery, ATM,etc

Thanks Ataylor, im for sure bringing a flashlight!

Samarainfo, you've been so helpful! I will be passing by your info center as soon as we get to Samara! thank you so much!

by the way, what are the prices for the buses?

Sámara, Guanacaste...
Level Contributor
114 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Last Minute questions...guatil potery, ATM,etc

Hi! Looking forward to meeting you!

The bus from Samara to Nicoya is 1,325. It should be less from Nicoya to Sta. Cruz .

Have a great day!

california
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Last Minute questions...guatil potery, ATM,etc

Thanks again Samarainfo!

See you in a few days!

Get answers to your questions about Playa Samara