We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Punta Islita vs las ranas?

CA
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Punta Islita vs las ranas?

myself and my wife, we will have a rental car...any preference?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,653 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Punta Islita vs las ranas?

You can never go wrong with Punta Islita...a unique place...everything is so nice and well done...high end kind of place..!

roadadvisor

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Punta Islita vs las ranas?

I agree with roadadvisor.

I am not familiar with Las Ranas, but have been to Punta Islita and it's wonderful!

Samara
Level Contributor
880 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Punta Islita vs las ranas?

Hi redredsdf,

Both places are great. Punta Islita is a 5-star hotel and everything about it is beautiful. You definitely need a car to get anywhere and it is about 40 mintues to Samara.

Lodge Las Ranas is great. The owners are really nice and the views are amazing. They are closer to Samara. If you have a car, it is about a 3 minute drive to Samara and if you like to walk you can certainly do so.

Have fun!

Telluride, CO
Level Contributor
83 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Punta Islita vs las ranas?

I really like Hotel Punta Islita. They have great rooms, and that staff is awesome! They do a great job everytime.

CA
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Punta Islita vs las ranas?

booked las ranas, deciding factor was that las ranas is 5 stars while punta islita is 3.5

Samara
Level Contributor
880 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Punta Islita vs las ranas?

Great choice! You will have a great time!

Have fun!

Pleasanton...
Level Contributor
409 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Punta Islita vs las ranas?

Redredsdf - I think both places are really nice and you're sure to have a great time at either. But, are you sure you didn't get your stars mixed up? I find it hard to believe that Las Ranas has a higher resort rating than Punta Isleta. If you are basing your decision on stars, I believe Punta Isleta is much more luxurious.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
15,512 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Punta Islita vs las ranas?

Redredsdf has probably mixed up the TA reviews point rating of Las Ranas with star rating of Punta Islita. The price difference is 1 : 4 which says everything about the luxury factor of each hotel. However this is just one aspect. I am sure that OP has read carefully all reviews on TA and both hotel's web sites and has based his decision on all available informations.

Pleasanton...
Level Contributor
409 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Punta Islita vs las ranas?

Xelas - thanks for informing me what Redredsdf has or hasn't done (as if you know?) They said the deciding factor was star rating, and stated that the lower one was actually the higher one. I just wanted to make sure they didn't get their wires crossed. But hey, thanks for setting me straight =/

Edited: 11 October 2012, 23:23
Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
15,512 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Punta Islita vs las ranas?

Ataylor1215, in fact I share your opinion about the star conflict, and have posted in such a manner only to make the OP evaluate again both properties. Sorry if my post ended up as "setting you straight", it was meant as "setting OP straight". Pura Vida!

Get answers to your questions about Playa Samara