We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

traveling to Samara Beach in a month

Maryland
Level Contributor
22 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
traveling to Samara Beach in a month

Does anyone know any shuttles from Liberia airport? How far is the drive? How much does the shuttle cost? We are staying on the main street near a surf shop. Would love info and advice?

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: traveling to Samara Beach in a month

Samara Beach is a great place, I think. Big enough to have the things you want/need but not so big that it's overpowering. Still laidback. And even though it's a popular spot for tourists, it doesn't feel "touristy."

As for shuttle -- I think the only shuttle service will be with the Tamarindo Shuttle. I would also look here www.samarabeach.com and here http://samarainfocenter.com/ Both these websites have a ton of information about the Samara area. The folks at Samara Info Center are very helpful and if you send them an email, they will try to help you out.

You can also ask your lodging about shuttle possibilities.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
609 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: traveling to Samara Beach in a month

We are in Samara right now...I see a few signs for daily shuttles back to San Jose and Liberia so I would say once you are here...you won't have any trouble getting back!! I think the Samara Info has shuttles too...they are usually on here so may answer also. Just so you are aware, it is a bit of a noisy main street...not fast cars, etc but of buses, trucks, pedestrians and action!! It is nice though to have a car to get around to different beaches/areas...have you thought of renting a car? It is a pretty easy drive.

Have fun!

lwbc

Samara
Level Contributor
894 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: traveling to Samara Beach in a month

Hello! There is one semi-private shuttle from the Liberia airport to Samara and that is at 1:30PM. This is $45/person with a minimum of 2 people. If your arrival time does not coincide with this shuttle, the next best option is a taxi for $100 or if you need a larger van, it would be $115.

The drive takes between 1.5 hrs to 2 hours.

What is the name of the place you are staying in?

Have fun!

waterloo,ON
Level Contributor
282 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: traveling to Samara Beach in a month

I have the same question- can we book a taxI ahead of time? *ny of the private drivers I've contacted are between $145 abd $185. $100 sounds much better

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: traveling to Samara Beach in a month

You can also do a one way car rental with Alamo. I have done it numerous times and usually costs about $ 70.00 plus your gas.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
40 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: traveling to Samara Beach in a month

The forum on Surfing Nosara.com posts ride shares to Nosara. People are always looking for someone to fill their private shuttle from Liberia to reduce the $135 charge. They have to drive right by Samara so it might be worth checking that forum. Here is the link.

Have a great trip.

http://www.surfingnosara.com/

New York, NY
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: traveling to Samara Beach in a month

We went to Samara in November--our hotel booked our airport shuttle for us. I'm pretty sure it was Carrillo Adventures:

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

We had a private shuttle-- $125 o/w from Liberia airport to Samara. A bit pricey but we didn't feel like dealing with a rental car, and weren't planning to go anywhere else in CR. It's about a 2-hour drive through winding mountain roads- nice to have someone else take us! They were friendly and punctual.

Samara
Level Contributor
894 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: traveling to Samara Beach in a month

In the high season, Alamo requires a 3 day minimum.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: traveling to Samara Beach in a month

Brendad 288,

I have just booked an Alamo car rental from Liberia Airport one way to Samara with a one day rental, I have it booked for January 12th, 2013. Cost is $ 64.93

Last year I did a one way rental from San Jose to Samara in February and didn't have any problems with a one day rental.

Samara
Level Contributor
894 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: traveling to Samara Beach in a month

Wow, thanks for letting me know. We send clients there all the time and this is the information they have told us. I am going to call them today for clarification. Thank you very much :)

Get answers to your questions about Playa Samara