We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coffee Farm Tour

Denver, Colorado...
5 posts
Save Topic
Coffee Farm Tour

Hi! I am in the planning stages of a trip to Playa Samara in late May. I would really love to go on a coffee tour while there. Are there any coffee farms near Playa Samara? I read something about Dalia Coffee Farm being nearby, but I have not been able to find any definitive information. Thanks so much!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,924 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coffee Farm Tour

The good coffee plantations...and tours are at a high elevation...around Alajuela...Heredia...etc...nothing that I know near Samara ...that will be worth it as a coffee tour...sorry I do not want to hurt any sensitive feelings...my very personla opinion...

Doka Coffe Tour about 30 minutes from SJO one of the best...Coffee Britt is not very good...very commercial...and not a good picture or tour of our culture...more like a Broadway kind of show...

roadavisor

Denver, Colorado...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Coffee Farm Tour

Thanks for your response. That's sort of what I have gathered. We are staying 7 nights, flying in and out of Liberia, at least tentatively. We are wanting more of a relaxed-by-the-beach trip than a "drive all over Costa Rica" trip, so I just wanted to see if I had missed a super secret coffee tour near Playa Samara (that could be done as a day trip).

Might have to think about rearranging the trip...nothing is booked yet!

Nowhere
Destination Expert
for Playa Samara
Level Contributor
4,150 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coffee Farm Tour

There used to be one close to Nicoya but that was a very small-scale operation that apparently failed to attract the necessary numbers of tourists to be sustainable as a tour. In other words, I haven't seen any signs for it in quite a few years.

Alas, Guanacaste is really not a good area for growing coffee (that's probably part of the reason that the "coffee tour" didn't make it. As roadadvisor said, you are much better off in the Central Valley.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,924 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coffee Farm Tour

Dear Amy...maybe nice for you to drive to Ostional and see the turtle arrivals...that is a mother nature gift...that is somenthing else...and that is a day trip worth it every minute from Samara..

roadadvisor

Samara
Level Contributor
945 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coffee Farm Tour

Hi Amy,

The closest coffee tour to Samara would be in Hojancha. I have never personally done the tour but people have done it and reported back and they were positive reviews. From what the other people say about elevation, it may be a good tour but not the best. If you are not planning on heading to SJO or Monteverde, then this may be a good tour option. You can also see Hojancha which is a really nice relaxed town. The drive is only 1.5 hours. If you don't have a car, there are tours that leave from Samara, with a minimum of 4 people.

Have fun!

6. Re: Coffee Farm Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2014, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Playa Samara