We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Samara palm lodge or hotel Punta Islita

White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
10 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Samara palm lodge or hotel Punta Islita

I am going to playa samara area at end of July for a family vacation with two adult daughters and my husband. Given that this is the rainy season, I am having second thoughts about getting to a fancy resort and I am also hearing that it makes sense to stay closer to Samara which Samar Palm Lodge offers. We are there for only a three day visit as we are arriving from Arenal area where we are staying at a resort hotel. Samara Palm Lodge gets lovely reviews and it is a fraction of the cost. On the other hand, Punta Islita sounds very special. Would love some advice.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Samara palm lodge or hotel Punta Islita

Punta Islita is a gorgeous place - but - it is isolated. If you want the ease of walking around town for shopping or a variety of restaurants, then Samara Palm would work better.

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,263 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Samara palm lodge or hotel Punta Islita

Agree with Hattie that Palm Lodge is better if you want to be able to walk around town, shop, etc. but between the two, I would only stay at Palm Lodge if I was really trying to save money, as Punta Islita is so, so much better in every way! Very pretty, great pools, super comfy beds, excellent food and service. Just remember you get what you pay for!

Samara
Level Contributor
864 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Samara palm lodge or hotel Punta Islita

Totally agree with the above comments. They are apples and oranges. Punta Islita is a 5 star hotel and like Allylam said, you pay for it. Without a car, it is out of the way and remote. Samara Palm Lodge has a great location, you can walk into town and the price is right! Have fun!

4. Re: Samara palm lodge or hotel Punta Islita

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2014, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Playa Samara