We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Verano or Maple Condo

Clinton, North...
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Casa Verano or Maple Condo

We have narrowed down to two choices for our family vacation (5 of us, 2 college kids and 15 year old). Both have nice spaces...we want to be close to beach and restaurants but would also enjoy seeing birds and monkeys during morning coffee and just enjoying nature at our rental. Any thoughts on these two options? Both look very nice - just looking for opinions before I send deposit. Thanks for any input you have!

Udine
Level Contributor
16 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa Verano or Maple Condo

I don't know were is Maple Condo...Casa Verano in in the centre,nice location,but if you like to stay a little more close to the nature and not to far from the centre look at Samara Rocks.

Enjoy your holidays in Samara!

Clinton, North...
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa Verano or Maple Condo

Maple Condo is at the Plaza Condo (century 21) bldg I think. I will look at Samara Rocks. Thanks.

Playa Samara
Level Contributor
6 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa Verano or Maple Condo

Yes ,Plaza Century 21 , classic condo/appartment just in the middle of the main road...quite a lot of noise,and for sure no nature,better Casa Verano if you like to stay in the centre,or Samara Rocks if you prefere more the nature.

Nowhere
Destination Expert
for Playa Samara
Level Contributor
4,002 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Casa Verano or Maple Condo

Let's see:

The Condos are right in town. You walk out the door and you are in the thick of things - not that things are particularly thick, but still, you are smack center in the middle of town.

Verano sits a bit farther up the road - on a little side road off of the main drag. It's a bit quieter but a bit farther from the beach. Mind you, a "bit farther" means about one minute. Verano is a nice property that offers just about all the creature comfort the average tourist needs.

Given these two options, I'd opt for Verano. Be aware, though, that Verano has had a history of break-ins. I haven't heard anything recently, but for a while, it seemed like the property experienced a bit of trouble.

Samara Rocks is NOT in town. While it's walkable, it's not as convenient as the other two properties. it's located within a walled compound on the road to Carrillo.

You could also look at Kalimba - it's right in town, across the street from the beach, has individual bungalows, a communal pool, a grocery store next door, and is easy walking distance to just about everything. Like Samara Rocks, it is owned by Roberto - a very pleasant and helpful Italian gentleman. Like Samara Rocks, it also has a wall around it - and a guarded/gated entry.

Edited: 12 August 2014, 16:18
Samara
Level Contributor
844 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Casa Verano or Maple Condo

It seems like in the past (few years ago) the houses on that road had some security issues. However, Casa Verano has since gotten gates and walls and there is a guard hired by all those houses on that street that is there the entire time. Have fun!

6. Re: Casa Verano or Maple Condo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2015, 05:17