We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimming with Dolphins

Which Santa Cruz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vernon, B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Swimming with Dolphins

Are there any Companies that off "Swimming with the Dolphins" near the Riu Guanacaste?

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swimming with Dolphins

Only in the wild.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,110 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swimming with Dolphins

I have not heard anybody doing it...as Cubanon mentioned if they do it will be ocassionally and with wild dolphins...not nice for the humans or the dolphins...

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,144 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swimming with Dolphins

You can swim with them in the wild I guess. Thankfully the canned, contained experiences have been banned in Costa Rica.

Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swimming with Dolphins

Hi,

I'm pretty sure it's illegal in Costa Rica for any tour operator to offer this. You can see them while taking boat tours, but no one will stop for the swim, unless you get really lucky while snorkeling.

Hope this helps,

Marina K. Villatoro

5. Re: Swimming with Dolphins

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2010, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Santa Cruz
Recent Conversations