We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Save $-stay at JW Marriott Guanacaste or go to Four Seasons?

Which Santa Cruz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
102 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Save $-stay at JW Marriott Guanacaste or go to Four Seasons?

We are taking our moms on a fancy Mother's Day trip to Costa Rica. Should we save $$ and stay at the JW Marriott Guanacaste or splurge for the Four Seasons? The reviews are amazing for the FS and a little more spotty for the JW. We want this to be an amazing trip. We are also visiting Arenal. We do like very nice hotels.

Thanks.

Liberia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Save $-stay at JW Marriott Guanacaste or go to Four Seasons?

All moms deserve the best of the best. In the Arenal area good options are The Springs and Arenal Kioro. In the Guanacaste area definitively the Four Seasons will meet your needs for a mothers day.

Alejandro

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
459 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Save $-stay at JW Marriott Guanacaste or go to Four Seasons?

In Arenal consider the Arenal Nayara. NICE!!!

The JW Marriott is beautiful.... but the Four Seasons is the Four Seasons. I've stayed at the JW and seen the room at the Four Seasons - both are top notch. If you want to impress ur mom, do the 4Seasons.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Save $-stay at JW Marriott Guanacaste or go to Four Seasons?

Come on! It's your Mom! Go for the Four Seasons. Of course, the problem will be that she will never stop talking about it and pinching you on the cheek or giving you little random kisses. It's only money but the light in Mom's eyes will be worth a fortune.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
179 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Save $-stay at JW Marriott Guanacaste or go to Four Seasons?

I haven't stayed at the Marriott but I have stayed at the Four Seasons in Costa Rica and it's gorgeous. I'm going back there at the end of February. My vote is for the Four Seasons. Treat your mom! :-)

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,099 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Save $-stay at JW Marriott Guanacaste or go to Four Seasons?

I had the chance to stayed at the two places...and my vote goes for FS...this time my advice is as a guest...I clarify since some people will said in a sarcastic way thet I provide advice as a driver...in this case like most cases is beacues I stayed at the hotels as a guest!

roadadvisor

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
102 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Save $-stay at JW Marriott Guanacaste or go to Four Seasons?

Thank you all for your advice! We are going to do the FS. Now...is 2 nights enough (we are arriving very early in the day and then our flight home if from Liberia around noon) or should we really stretch it to 3 nights?

We are also staying 2 nights at Finca Rosa Blanca and 3 nights in Arenal.

Thanks.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Save $-stay at JW Marriott Guanacaste or go to Four Seasons?

Given your other locations, I think two nights at the Four Season is enough.

8. Re: Save $-stay at JW Marriott Guanacaste or go to Four Seasons?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2011, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Santa Cruz
Recent Conversations