We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any tips traveling to Tamarindo Costa rica

garden grove
2 posts
Save Topic
Any tips traveling to Tamarindo Costa rica

This is my friends and my first time traveling to Costa Rica. Is there any tips what we should bring and what we should expect when we're there. We are coming in Aug. Where is all the fun at night (safe)? Where would you recommend us going as far as attraction. We were thinking of going with a tour agency in costa rica. Any suggestion would really help. Thanks

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,481 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any tips traveling to Tamarindo Costa rica

Tamarino is a fun beach town. Check out the Mambobar at the circle for all night fun. Tuesday nights the Hotel Pasatiempo hosts local bands that will draw a few hundred people. Satuaday nights is a big beach party and BBQ.

Mitchell, South...
Level Contributor
282 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any tips traveling to Tamarindo Costa rica

Sean420 is right about Tamarindo (N/W Pacific Coast in the province of Guanecaste). We are 50, our 21 and 18 yr. old children went with us in May and we had a blast. Leo Rodriquez picked us up at the Hampton Inn near the airport and drove us the 4 1/2 hr. drive to T. He gave us so much information and described countryside so interestingly. He gives nature tours, lines up scuba diving, canopy tours (zip lines). river rafting, etc. to most places in Costa Rica. He is a clean cut, college grad with a nice 2002 Toyota van. You can reach him at (506) 378-0001 and his email address is leratravelcr@yahoo.com He is also a surfer so knows what to expect out of all the beaches. A wealth of information.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
299 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any tips traveling to Tamarindo Costa rica

Tamarindo is a lot of fun, very active and friendly. But if you do go, hit PlAya Grande just to experience what I think is the nicest beach in Costa Rica. You can easily water taxi up to it or drive the few miles.

garden grove
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Any tips traveling to Tamarindo Costa rica

thanks a lot for your suggestion or tips. I would email him and see what he can come up with. Thanks..

London - The city I...
Level Contributor
176 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any tips traveling to Tamarindo Costa rica

Costa Rica is safe , friendly and fun . We went there twice

last year . You cann,t go wrong .

atlanta, ga
Level Contributor
247 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any tips traveling to Tamarindo Costa rica

Tamarindo is lots of fun. Contact Juan at ----tamarindoshuttle@hotmail.com. He can get you any where you might want to go..chealy and professionally. While in Tamarindo I would check out the following: sailing on the Blue Dolphin Catamaran, a trip out to Rincon de Viego (Buena Vista Lodge.) Did you know there is an awesome website: tamarindobeach.net?

Granite Bay...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Any tips traveling to Tamarindo Costa rica

We stayed at El Diria in Tamarindo in June. We loved it and the people! We never could find any salsa dancing places that my daughter and her Tico friend(costa Rican friend) could go to. Not much night life there. Maybe because its their green season which is their winter, but we couldn't find anything going on. The mambobar in Tamarindo that sean420 wrote about however, we were told to stay away from because 2 people in the past few months had drugs slipped in their drinks and they ended up far from Tamarindo, not knowing how they got there and their wallets were missing. Just a warning from one gal at a realestate office! Supposedly the crimes are not committed by Costa Ricans, but by people from neighboring countries. Expect very hot HUMID weather. You are drenched the moment you leave your hotel room! Make sure your hotel has air! Definately do the zip line canopy tours. Well worth the 35.00 per person! We just stayed in Tamarindo, but next time we will travel around to different places! Hard to get around during green season though due to lots of rain and muddy roads with lots of pot holes! Have fun! I know you'll fall in love with Costa Rica!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,481 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any tips traveling to Tamarindo Costa rica

What happens at the Mambo bar can (and does) happen in bars and clubs in America every night. Just be careful and don't leave your drink unattended where ever you might be.

Hilton Head Island...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Any tips traveling to Tamarindo Costa rica

Anybody know about the Flamingo Marina Resort?