We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tamarindo Beach still clean

Tamarindo
Level Contributor
533 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Tamarindo Beach still clean

This is pieces of an article in today's Beach Times:

Playa Tamarindo, along with seven of the country’s beaches, was given a clean bill of health last week.

The ruling, announced last week by the Costa Rican Water and Sewerage Authority (AyA) comes almost 12 months to the day the Ministry of Health deemed Tamarindo “unsafe for swimming”.

The overall improvement of the beach’s water quality is the result of a strong effort of coordination between the Minister of Health, and the Tamarindo community, continued Dr Mora.

Federico Amador, representative for the Tamarindo Association (Asociación de Pro Mejoras de Playa Tamarindo, or APMT) agreed a strong community commitment, including efforts by organizations like the Tamarindo chapter of the Surfrider Foundation, helped to drastically turn the tide on Tamarindo’s water quality.

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tamarindo Beach still clean

I am very happy to hear tamarindo is clean for everybody. It takes a big effort to change this fast. I will hope the Quepos and Jaco will try to do the same. I guess, it takes some hard time soo people will star doing something about it. NATUREGUIDE

2. Re: Tamarindo Beach still clean

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 15:18