We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Advice Re Getting A Power Cord for my Mac in Costa Rica

Which Tamarindo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tucson
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Any Advice Re Getting A Power Cord for my Mac in Costa Rica

Just arrived in Costa Rica for a 2 week trip with my daughter and realized I lost my laptop cord along the way.

I am staying near Tamarindo.

Wish I could forget the laptop for 2 weeks, but I have to work.

Any experienced Costa Rica travelers know of a place to rent/buy/borrow a power cord?????

Thanks for any input!

Aaron

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
734 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any Advice Re Getting A Power Cord for my Mac in Costa Rica

Try the iOne store in the AutoMercado plaza in Tamarindo.

Nowhere
Destination Expert
for Playa Samara
Level Contributor
3,950 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any Advice Re Getting A Power Cord for my Mac in Costa Rica

Indeed - it's the only place in the area that will potentially have it.

If that fails, contact the ICON store in San Jose - they are the official Apple retailer in Costa Rica. Tell them what you need, ask for their account information, deposit the necessary funds into their account (you can do so at the bank in cash - I believe they have a Banco Nacional account), and instruct them to send the power cord via the bus system to the main bus stop where you are (there must be an office where you can purchase bus tickets for long distance buses, though).

For example, Empresa Alfaro travels the San Jose - Tamarindo route. Find out where you can purchase tickets for the Alfaro bus in Tamarindo. You can ask them how the system works - I am sure they will assist you. To send items by bus is referred to as "encomienda."

I have done this three times in the past and it has always worked very well.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any Advice Re Getting A Power Cord for my Mac in Costa Rica

You might ask around in Tamarindo for someone who would let you borrow their power cord to re=charge your laptop. Check internet cafes, ask at your hotel, see if there is a computer or electronic shop there. See if there is any way you can put a notice up in your hotel or other hotels. Macs are not that common in Costa Rica so your best bet for borrowing might be another tourist.

4. Re: Any Advice Re Getting A Power Cord for my Mac in Costa Rica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 23 May 2010, 20:06
Paris, France
Level Contributor
562 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any Advice Re Getting A Power Cord for my Mac in Costa Rica

If you cannot find a power cord at the iOne store in Tamarindo I would contact ICON and follow framptonian's instructions.

Here is telephone/fax/email info for the ICON store in Multiplaza Escazu:

Teléfono: (506) 2201-5026/(506) 2201-5025

Fax: (506) 2201-5044

Email: info@icon.co.cr

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
734 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any Advice Re Getting A Power Cord for my Mac in Costa Rica

If you'd just like to charge it now and then and not buy one, you're welcome to stop by the Xplore Costa Rica office in the Subway/TCBY plaza. I have a mac.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,036 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any Advice Re Getting A Power Cord for my Mac in Costa Rica

Nice offer...

roadadvisor

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any Advice Re Getting A Power Cord for my Mac in Costa Rica

Pura Vida XploreCR!

Tucson
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any Advice Re Getting A Power Cord for my Mac in Costa Rica

Thanks for That Kind Offer!

I am in the US still (I am at home with the little sister), and I told my husband about your offer. I told him to come by and see you, charge his Mac and check out your business.

10. Re: Any Advice Re Getting A Power Cord for my Mac in Costa Rica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2010, 06:25
Get answers to your questions about Tamarindo
Recent Conversations