We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help Needed! Choosing location and villa for vacation

PerdidoBeachMom
Level Contributor
38 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Help Needed! Choosing location and villa for vacation

We have up to 3 weeks to spend in Guanacaste. It's a family trip - not a lot of partying going on but will do many excursions and spend quality time together. Should we stay at Casa del Sol de Papagayo, near Playa CoCo (big, great views, equestrian center, looks quiet) or should we stay in Playa Langosta. I'm looking at villas at Courtyard Villas, Colibri at the Preserve, a condo in the Preserve, Naxos 6th floor and Esquina.

Which area would you recommend? I know they are very different. Which villa/condo would you rank highest in Langosta of the ones I've mentioned? Do you have a car rental suggestion? I know I'll need one if we go to Playa CoCo.

Thank you!!!!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,508 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help Needed! Choosing location and villa for vacation

I will choose based on what you are looking for ...Playa Langosta...it is a member in this forum that lives around there ...SURFSPONGE...hopefullly he will answer your post...and your questions!

roadadvisor

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help Needed! Choosing location and villa for vacation

Flamingo light years better than CoCo

www.vrbo.com has reviews

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help Needed! Choosing location and villa for vacation

www.mapache.com for cheap rental

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Help Needed! Choosing location and villa for vacation

All of the places are very nice and will costs you.

Courtyard Villas - built by the same people who built Colibri and Esquina (Tamarindo Preserve). Private gardens with private pool, high-walls. Nice architecture

Colibri - I believe this one is actually in Hacienda Pinilla which is a 30-minute drive from the villa to Tamarindo. I think it is a large place.

Naxos - is in an tall building. Architecture is not as nice as Colibri and Esquina. Never been inside, but the view has got to be fantastic!

Budget Car Rental in Tamarindo.

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
750 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help Needed! Choosing location and villa for vacation

Papagayo in my opinion is too isolated.

Coco - crummy beach

Langosta is quiet and beautiful and very close to Tamarindo for lots of things to do.

The Courtyard Villas and Colibri are both very nice and very close to the beach. The new beach club right beside Colibri and part of the 'complex' is now fully open to enjoy as well. Colibri will be larger and more comfortable than the condo and closer to the beach. Naxos is a newer 7 story condo tower with modern amenities - across the street from the beach. Nice but no comparison to Courtyard or Colibri. Esquina is nice also; across the street from the beach. Only a 3 story so no views unless you go to the rooftop observation deck. Overall my pick would be Colibri or Courtyard.

I hope that helps. Consider the car after you arrive. You probably won't need it for the entire time as most everything is within walking distance.

6. Re: Help Needed! Choosing location and villa for vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 August 2010, 05:05
Texas
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Help Needed! Choosing location and villa for vacation

We rented a villa inside an all inclusive resort and we LOVED IT! IT was the best of both worlds. (Great for the family because everyone could do what they wanted)

The villa was in Playa Hermosa (not far from COCO.) We picked this area becuase the beach was nicer in Hermosa (as a posed to COCO) AND we were that much closer to all of the "tour locations"that we wanted to visit.

In fact this is one of the MAJOR reasons we decided not to rent in Flamingo/Langusta. We are not the type of people that get to a location as stay there, we like to get out and explore.

If you want to see Costa Rica and not just the community where you will be staying you should look in the Hermosa Area. We were very happy with our villa and will rent their again but there are also lots of higher end rentals.

Amy from Avispa's Adventures found us this villa based on what WE were looking for, I am sure that she will do the same for you.

8. Re: Help Needed! Choosing location and villa for vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2011, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Tamarindo